PDA

View Full Version : Random petty stuff vent

tylersmama
01-01-2008, 01:39 AM
*I accidentally crushed my laptop power cord in my stepfather's recliner last night. Dead. $65 for a new one that won't arrive until at least Saturday. No generic ones available anywhere. Have to use my mom's desktop and save my battery for the flight home Thursday in case I need to distract DS with Signing Time dvds.

*Have to use my mom's slower than dirt, ridiculously annoying desktop to feed my BBB and other internet addictions for the next two days. She has a backless stool at the desk, so I can't even get good and comfy.

*Stupidly fell on ice coming in from my run this morning. I was literally less than 20 yards from the house, but decided to turn the corner on the sidewalk instead of staying on the street (which was totally dry) because there was one stupid truck sitting at the stop sign. Dumb. Huge bruise on my hip, smaller bruise on my wrist. I'm being a hypochondriac about my wrist because even though I'm sure it's fine, I've had two surgeries on it.

*Can't download my workout from my supercool new GPS to my laptop because I killed the power cord. I used the supercool new GPS to do an interval workout today so I was psyched to download it and see what it all looked like. Pbftt.

*DS woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and was cranky cranky cranky ALL DAY.

*H is off in Vegas ringing in the New Year with drinking and poker with his friends. I rang in the New Year by watching tv with my mom, who went to bed less than 5 minutes later. Yee haw.

*Have I mentioned that my mom's desktop is slower than dirt? ;)

Feel free to add your own petty vents here!

elephantmeg
01-01-2008, 10:27 AM
just wanted to send hugs! Hope your new years day is better!

KBecks
01-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I hope you get something really really good in exchange for your DH's poker trip. I really despise when my DH has guy weekends and my turns never seem to come around.

tnrnchick74
01-01-2008, 02:48 PM
My vent for the day is that I'm moving basicall by myself...:(

ellies mom
01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Right now my biggest vent is the huge hassle we are having to go through to park both our cars in the garage. We live on an alley and we don't have a driveway and the HOA won't let residents park on the street. They were going to make exceptions for those of us without driveways but then when the final wording came through, it only pertained to people who had more than two cars. Anyhow, we can get both cars in the garage now but I'm going to have to live with a weight bench and weights in my bedroom, DH still can't use his treadmill, I have to sell one of my Italian scooters, and we still can't get our bikes, stroller and wagon in and out of the garage when we want to use them.

As for your laptop cord, check E-bay. HP wanted $80 for mine but I was able to find it for less than $20 including shipping.

JoyNChrist
01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Ooh, I'll play. AF is back for the 5th time in 2 months. And my OBGYN retired, so I get to spend all day tomorrow calling around to try to find a new one. WooHoo!

tylersmama
01-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Ooh, I'll play. AF is back for the 5th time in 2 months. And my OBGYN retired, so I get to spend all day tomorrow calling around to try to find a new one. WooHoo!
Oh, that sucks. And reminds me of another one...AF decided to make her first appearance since DS was born...on Christmas day! Yeah, yeah, I know I'm super fortunate that it took this long, but c'mon, Christmas??? Good luck with the OB search!

tylersmama
01-01-2008, 10:26 PM
My vent for the day is that I'm moving basicall by myself...:(
((Hugs)) That's no fun, but just think how happy you'll be when you're settled into your new home and getting things in order for your new little one!