PDA

View Full Version : X-Post: New airbed or pump? Need recommendations.

JustMe
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I posted this on Around the House, but have not had any replies so I am trying my luck here.

So, I have had a Coleman airbed that came with an electrical pump for about 6 years. I paid about $50 for it. Everyone who has slept on it has loved it. It does have some lint that I have not been able to clean off (but I put sheets on top of it). Anyway, last time I used it the pump made a popping noise and died. I dont see the exact pump being sold. I e-mailed Coleman weeks ago, but they haven't gotten back to me.

So, should I find new pump that seems to work or just get a whole new air bed? Does anyone have recommendations for either a pump or air bed? I would like to take advantage of the sales. My sister comes in Feb, so I need to get something soon!

Thanks!

dotgirl
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
You can just get a new pump. We have 2 pumps (one rechargeable for camping and one regular plug-in) and two airbeds (one tall one for guests, one small one for camping) - and both pumps fit on both beds.

I think if you get a Coleman pump, you'll be fine - just make sure you spring for the one that has the three different nozzle hookups, that way you know it will fit.