PDA

View Full Version : What is your New Year Resolution?

KBecks
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Dave wants to eat healthier (this is what he said after he brought a bunch of snack foods home from Sam's club). So I'm going to spend more time working on getting healthy foods in the house, meal planning and cooking.

I will be looking for recipes. :)

What are your goals? I normally don't make resolutions, but I will support Dave's (even though he doesn't seem that committed.)

I'll also work at having less candy, cookies, etc. around the house and stop giving it to the kids. Again, I'm not the main person bringing things in the house, but I do make a lot of Ghiradelli brownies. I'll be looking for healthy snack ideas too.

I guess my other goal is to get the house more organized. We did a big toy purge this morning and it was nice. I'd like to have a little more routine for the boys days.

lizajane
01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
i am not really making resolutions, per se, i was just waiting for the mayhem of the holidays to end so i could focus on me! but if you wanted to call them resolutions, that would be ok, too.

lose 30lbs with weight watchers and WORKING OUT!!! :11: working out is a big one. i haven't been active in a long time and my body wants to MOVE. and the weight came on in only 6 months of stress, so i need to stop eating donuts and start making good choices.

organize the house by PURGING. and then labelling so that everything has place and no one (read: DH) can say, "i don't know where it goes" or "i can't ever find anything."

be with friends!!! :25: we can finally afford a consistant babysitter for evenings out each months, :14: so i want to use it to spend time not only with DH :0: but also with different friends sans kiddos. or friends without kiddos who we never get to see because of our different lives.
:22:

finally, recognize all the blessings that God has bestowed on us and return thanks in prayer, kindness, contribution of time and talents, and sharing joy with my beautiful children. :2:

Emmas Mom
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I never make NY resolutions but I think I'm going to this year....at least make ONE particular resolution & then have the rest be goals. lol

Resolution: I WILL get a decent Christmas card picture of the girls this year & mail out Christmas cards well before Christmas!

Goals:
~Get DD#2 potty trained
~Start working on #3 later this year, maybe during the summer. :)
~Move away from here (I hope, I hope, I hope)

I'm going to have to save this list for reference. :D

LD92599
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Eat Healthier and eat out alot less - i hope it's easier since our new kitchen is much larger than our previous and allows for more elbow room? ha!

Commit to WW for myself, one morning a week where DH takes DS to school on his way to work.

Have friends over more often instead of meeting somewhere and encourage pot luck. Whoever is hosting makes the entree only and go from there!

Start stocking up for my best friends baby shower and BIL/SIL 2B wedding/wedding shower.

Organize! I am usually fairly organized but i need to re-organize a few closets since in the midst of the kitchen we did lose one closet which was our first aid/meds closet combo gifts for the future closet. I did get a create Ptouch w/ a staples rebate right before Christmas so i want to use that.

Oh and organize all the Christmas wrappings, etc I bought over the last week or so. I swear i spend more $$ between Christmas and New Years than all of Christmas combined!

Oh and spend more one on one time w/ DS whether it's baking together (I've just discovered WS kids and the sale items!), playing or just sitting on the sofa. Same goes for DH!

tnrnchick74
01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I make the same resolution every year...to have a better year than last year was

JoyNChrist
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Get knocked up again. ;)

bisous
01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Karen, mine is quite a bit like yours. I, too would like to be healthier this year. I'm actually okay with the occasional sweet treat (love those Ghiradelli brownies!) but I'd like the quality of the every day foods we eat to be very high! I'm hoping to carry this out by planning better and just cooking more every day and resorting less to convenience foods. I'm looking forward to providing really delicious foods and instilling a love of all kinds of healthy foods for my kids. I feel like I've already had a small victory as DS just ate ALL of the tomatoes of my NY veggie platter, lol! I'm enjoying "seeing" everyone's resolutions. :)

Tondi G
01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm with you Karen. I need to stop procrastinating and make meal plans so that I have what I need on hand to just cook the healthier meals for my family. We have been eating out and picking up food far too much and it's time to make a change. I will be needing some new easy recipes too.... I think it get bored of the old standbys and then get unmotivated!

I would like to get my rear moving too.... whether it's to the gym or out walking but I am tired of carrying around the extra weight. If we decide to have a 3rd child in the next year or so I would like to start back at my pre pregnancy weight as opposed to packing it on top of what is still here!!! :)

For my husband I would like to find time to really get the kids toys organized and their room/closet and drawers in order so he can feel more at ease.... he can't stand clutter! It would probably make my life easier too!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

hillview
01-01-2008, 09:15 PM
My goals:
Lose the baby weight (or at least some of it) by working out and eating better
Organize things better and develop better systems. Toys are almost under control, mail/bills are a disaster
Cook more
Make some new friends (we just moved)
Try to get more sleep (just had a baby!) so I am less grouchy
Be more green -- love the green thread!
/hillary

JMS
01-01-2008, 09:32 PM
My NYRs are:
1. Focus on my own overall well being as a person and the happiness of my family as a unit.
2. Appreciate all I have and not give so much attention to what I don't have.
3. Work to make our lives more simple and tranquil.
4. Give my kids more undivided attention and love.
5. Feed my family as organic and unprocessed as possible.

ribbit1019
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
In theory I'd like not to make resolutions (easier to be broken that way), but I do anyway.

So here ya go:

-join gym (-done!! signed up at work which should make things easier)
-go to the gym 3 days a week (overall goal 5 days)
-lose 5 lbs. (overall goal ~70 lbs)
-eat healthier, already in progress
-transition kids to their own beds
-organize the house (I told DH to go crazy with his label machine he is thrilled!)
-re-establish some religious tie (not sure what way that
will go, DH is hoping Catholic I am sure. :))
-see if I can right any wrongs, for things that I did do.
-accept that I can't make amends for things I didn't do.
-make sure 2008 is better in every way than the previous year

I'm looking forward to gaining inspiration from other's resolutions, I love lists!