PDA

View Full Version : Britax Blvd OR Radian 80 OR Recarco???

DuckDuckMomma
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I have a (almost) 3 year old who has been in a Britax Boulevard.
I also have a 7 month old who is getting reayd to graudate from his Snugride

Wondering if I give the Boulevard to the baby? He is 7 months and 18 lbs.

If I give the Blvd to the baby, what do I get for the 3 year old (31 lbs, 37 ")
- Sunshine Kids Radian 65 or 80 ??
- Another Blvd??
- Recarco?

Any advice?
I drive a Toyota Highlander
Baby would have to be rear facing for another 5 months or so.

Joolsplus2
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
If you like the boulevard, I'd go for another one :) Kind of a boring answer, though, lol. The Radian is nice, you might like it because you can put it next to the BV and still have the outboard seat free for an extra person. Recaro has too many quality control and customer service issues for me to recomend them right yet, unfortunately (except the Young Sport, that might be a good choice for the 3 yo, if you can find one in real life to try out, give it a look).
It's really recommended to rearface as long as possible... like age 2 or longer...here's a good article about a study that just came out on that http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9916868 and here's a page with more info http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx

:)

o_mom
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
What Julie said. :)

If you like the Radian, the 65 is plenty for your lightweight. Unless you really like the fabric on the 80, there is no reason to get it as your 3 yo will probably not even get to 65 lbs (they are the same height)

BillK
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
I posted a similar question on the old boards - and it got lost in the shuffle. The answers were the same for me and I ended up getting a Radian 65 for Zach who's almost 3 and his little brother will inherit his Blvd.

So far Zach really seems to dig the Radian 65 - it's more like a "big boy" seat since it sits lower than the Blvd and he's not perched up there like a gargoyle. The only minor issue we've found so far is that his sippy cup won't sit in the Radian like it did in the Blvd.