PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to...

Marimar
07-09-2000, 12:11 AM
Comment on their crib mattress...good points, negative points.

TIA!

Marimar

donna
07-09-2000, 10:41 AM
Hi-
I'm not sure exactly which mattress I have, but it is a coil mattress with square corners. I was told that the square corners fit more snugly in the crib. My baby seems to like sleeping on it, and there is absolutely no space between the crib and the mattress.

-Donna

wrtang
07-21-2000, 12:11 AM
I bought my crib mattress from the JC Penny catalog. I first bought the Carter's deluxe model which I found out was manufactured by Kolcraft. But I returned it because I did not like the plastic cover, the piping around the mattress was aready starting tear and it felt cheap. I upgraded to the Sealy Baby Posturepedic model and was surprised that it was also manufactured by Kolcraft. I would have known this if I'd paid closer attention to the Baby Bargins book. The quality wasn't much better than the Carter's. The piping looked like it was repaired since there was clear plastic piping sewn over the original piping 1/3 of the way around the mattress. The cover and the mattress felt more comfortable. With a good mattress pad and sheets, baby must be happy with it since he started sleeping through the night from 8 PM to 5 AM since he was almost 3 months old when we moved him to his own room.

lchui
07-21-2000, 01:50 PM
I followed the recommendations in Baby Bargains and bought a foam mattress. It's lightweight and firm and my baby sleeps well on it. I'm under the impression that coil mattresses can become lumpy (as the coil starts to stick through) altho i'm sure there are drawbacks to the foam ones too. Nonetheless i'm extremely happy with the foam mattress in our Morigeau crib.

cwoosley
09-18-2000, 04:20 PM
Where did you find a foam mattress??? The only mattress I can find is inner spring, some with foam also but none just foam!

GRRRR

lohneslink
11-06-2000, 04:32 PM
Hope this info not too late for you. Get the Colgate foam Classica I. It's FABULOUS. Helped me not worry that baby's nose might smush down into the mattress at all - very firm - baby LOVES sleeping on it. Excellent quality and weight (for changing sheets).

See my note in the section on Colgate - can get one from BabyUniverse.com and Fit Pregnancy/Shape mag. has a coupon offer for 10% off and FREE shipping for them.

Good luck.

maddyzmommy
01-07-2001, 07:23 PM
I got the Colgate foam Classica I also and I love it.