PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your Dutalier?

nanda
08-05-2000, 11:43 PM
We've been looking at the gliders and Dutalier seems to be the nicest we've found. Now to purchase it... JCPenney seems to undercut BabiesRUs by about $100 but their selection is slimmer. Babycentral.com looked good esp with the free shipping offer. Other spots checked were way high (babygear.com charged $40 more per rocker then DIDN'T include the cushions (another $120!!!) and then shipping on top of that!). Anyway, please share your experience... Thanks!

rodmar
08-09-2000, 12:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-00 AT 11:12PM (Mountain)[p]I ordered our Dutalier from http://www.cribncarriage.com. It's a store in Knoxville, TN, but they have the rocker drop shipped from Dutalier, so there are no shipping charges added to the prices listed on the website. Their price was comparable to Babies 'R Us, but they were able to deliver the rocker much quicker than Babies 'R Us. Our rocker arrived in 11 days, while Babies 'R Us quoted a 12 week delivery time for the same rocker on the Quick Ship program. They were also very helpful when I called with a customer service question. I love our Dutalier rocker and I hope you enjoy yours just as much.

Marcia

ebwhowe
08-09-2000, 12:23 AM
www.gliderchairs.com/gliderchairs/shopping.htm
a Canadian company has Dutailier. They have three styles and three fabrics, in the ones I wanted, so this will work for me. This is for the people who don't want to wait ten weeks for an order or can't find a store with a reasonable price. They only charge $50 to ship it from British Columbia. Also, Shermag makes a glider, also made in Canada. My Aunt used to be a manager for Shermag/Casavant furniture and I can vouch for their quality as my dining, living and family room are all from their store; excellent quality. Sears last week advertised a sale on the gliders on their web site. Hope this helps.

Tinab
08-09-2000, 09:12 PM
I purchased a very nice Dutalier glider and ottoman (with cushions)through Babycatalog.com. Their prices were less than other sites and definately stores that I checked. Also, I joined their Baby Club ($25 for a year) and got and additional 10% off (made up the cost of the membership easily iwht the glider and bedding I ordered). There was a free shipping offer going on too. I was quoted 8-10 weeks because it was a special order from Dutalier, but I actually got it in about 4 weeks (or less). I love it! My husband does too, so will also enjoy using it to rock our new baby on the way. We decided it was worth the $ for the quality. Hope that helps!

Tina

Deb
08-13-2000, 07:06 PM
Montgomery Wards has one on sale (week of 8/19/00) with ottoman for $199.99. You only get a choice of oak with blue cushions or natural with a cream color cushions.
Hope this helps somebody.
Deb

Deb
08-13-2000, 07:55 PM
I made a mistake on the previous post. The sale at Montgomery Wards is for the week of 8/12-/8/19/00.
Deb

nanda
08-30-2000, 12:48 PM
Looks like babycenter pushed there prices up $100 and now are in the BabiesRUs range (although they still have free shipping)... Any other sites to check out?

tuffy
09-04-2000, 08:45 AM
After months and months of researching, I found that www.goodnightben.com is the place to go if you want to order dutalier. We bought the cherry oak rocker, multi position. We almost bought it from www.rightstart.com (with 20% off coupon from www.dealofday.com) and their price is:
glider ($ 369.95), ottoman ($ 149.95) plus over-sized shipping and handling. Since they have a store in Houston, we also have to pay state tax. So the 20% off coupon is equal to the shipping and the tax we have to pay. they delivery time is 6 to 8 weeks.

We then found www.goodnightben.com, ordered the exact same glider and ottoman (listed under their express selection), we paid for:
glider ($ 309), ottoman ($128), plus shipping and handling ($ 35.00, I think this is flat rate) and we got those 2 thing in 5 days at our front door. Their normal delivery time for express is 4 to 5 weeks. They're located in Canada, but they have a toll free number to call. Their customer service is excellent. I just want to remind you again, that those prices are without any coupons! We really enjoy the service and the glider =)

Hope this helps.

amanda

JSBTwins
09-10-2000, 11:15 AM
We went to Sears to see if they had a better deal for cribs and amazingly, we found a Dutalier glider/rocker AND ottoman for $269. Sure, we did not have a choice in wood stain or fabrics, but it was nice enough and it was a great deal. See if there is one near you.

kfletch
09-18-2000, 01:00 PM
After an exhaustive search both on-line and locally in the San Francisco Bay area, I also found that goodnightben.com had THE best price for the particular Dutalier glider I was looking for. I found their web site easy to shop and browse for fabric selection and their customer service was pleasant and informative. They told me it would be 10 weeks delivery and it has been 8 so far (I'm only 23 weeks along) and I can't wait for my glider to arrive. I had no tax to pay and shiping was only $35.00 (which is less than the tax would be) and the glider and ottoman will come right to my door. I could absolutely find no better deal and no store I asked was willing to even match the price I found. While the glider with the multi-position lock and ottoman with nursing stool still came to a very expensive $495.00 I still feel I receive a very good price. The only bad thing I have to say about the store is that I had to place my order by calling the 800 number instead of being able to order on-line.

-Karen

nanda
10-21-2000, 05:25 PM
Finally took the plunge...thank you everyone for all your help. Goodnightben.com was intriguing, but raised their prices just when I was about to buy. So, I found that babycatalog.com was the best deal... esp with the $25 membership entitling you to 10% off everything, it turns out that babycatalog would have been about $10 cheaper than goodnightben even including the $25 membership fee (and compared with goodnightben's old prices).

SO, thanks again and good shopping!

nanda
10-21-2000, 05:31 PM
BTW, we haven't received it yet... I'll post how that goes...

nanda
10-27-2000, 09:31 PM
Just got it... My experience mirrors "Tinab"'s almost exactly. Even with the $25 club fee to save 10% on the rocker, I got the Maple round-back multiposition with matching ottoman for $476 (well, $501 with the club membership). That includes free shipping. I was told 8-12 weeks but got it yesterday almost exactly 4 weeks after ordering it. And it was very nice not having to haul it in and out of the car from a store.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions... based on my limited experience I'd have to give a thumbs up to babycatalog.

pramsden
01-20-2001, 10:48 AM
I found Goodnightben.com recently and they were the cheapest by far and had the model that I want (it's a newer model). The glider was $100 less than the sale price of the store here in Atlanta. Also, when they e-mailed the pricing back to me, they noted that the shipping was free to any address in the continental US AND they are having a January special right now. If you order before January 31, 2001, they will take $25 off the glider price. If you order an ottoman, they will take $25 off the ottoman price.

A great deal delivered to your door! Even better for a mom-to-be that hasn't replaced her VW Cabrio yet. I'm ordering in a couple of days after I get a chance to go back to the store and look at the fabric.

Meredith McGlone
01-20-2001, 02:52 PM
Count me as another satisfied customer of Crib 'n Carriage in Knoxville, TN (www.cribncarriage.com). I was ready to panic when my local baby superstore told me it'd take 10 to 16 weeks to special order a Dutailier (I'm due in five!). I found the style I wanted on the Web and ordered by phone on Jan. 9. I figured it would take 4-5 weeks to arrive, but it showed up on Jan. 17! So I can't say enough about the service, speed and competitive pricing they offer.