PDA

View Full Version : Buy crib in Canada and ship to US?

matthewrthomas
10-23-2000, 05:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-00 AT 04:50PM (Mountain)[p]We really like a particular Morgeau-Lepine crib. Trouble is, it's very expensive here in Texas. At a reader's suggestion, we found it for almost half price in Canada. But, they tell us they won't ship cribs at all.

Anyone know of anyplace that will ship from Canada to the US? Or, anyone have other suggestions?

Allison
11-27-2000, 09:45 PM
I bought a Morgeau crib on-line from a Canadian company called Friendly Bears Furniture. Having it shipped to Houston came out about 25% less than any store I could find in Houston or Dallas. It's due to arrive this week (end of November), so then we'll see how it all works out. At the Fields recomendation, I asked for references first. They gave me the name of two other Houston folks who had ordered through them. They confirmed what I'd experienced already - Friendly Bears is a little hard to get a hold of, but you can't beat the price. They'll ship a Morgeau crib to your house UPS, but any other pieces of Morgeau have to be shipped through some freight company.

Good Luck!

nicole
12-02-2000, 02:46 PM
Does anyone have the phone number for Friendly Bears? I couldn't find it on their website nor from information.

matthewrthomas
12-06-2000, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, Allison. Not knowing about Friendly Bears, I did some checking on Canadian companies and finally found a different one that would do it for me. The base price was indeed about 30% lower than here in Austin. However, by the time shipping, crating, and handling fees and customs charges were added in, it was only going to save me less than $100, with no guarantee of timely and safe transportation. So, we just decided to buy from a local store.

nicole
12-06-2000, 01:40 PM
Mattew, can I get the name and number of the company in Canada you contacted? I'd like to do a price comparison as well. I'm hoping maybe the shipping and crafting charges to California might be better. Thanks!

matthewrthomas
12-07-2000, 10:01 AM
The place is called Nursery Rhymes, and their web site is http://www.nurseryrhymes.com/ -- hope that works for you!

Allison
12-18-2000, 09:31 AM
My crib is now one month late from Friendly Bears and they will not return my calls nor my emails. So I have no idea when/if it is being delivered. I would definitely recommend against ordering anything from them.

Allison
01-25-2001, 12:36 PM
As a final note, Friendly Bears was a NIGHTMARE! My crib was over two months late and I finally had to cancel the order. For the last two months they would not return my calls, pages, emails, nor faxes. So I had no idea if or when the crib was coming and couldn't talk to anyone about canceling the whole thing and refunding my money.

I WOULD NEVER EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM FRIENDLY BEARS!!!

Supposedly Friendly Bears has separated from the rest of the company and only get to keep the website and the name 'Friendly Bears'. When I talked to the company that is now separate, the said they've been getting tons of call complaining about Friendly Bears (David Dennis) and there is a lot of litigation involved.

sawaldman
02-27-2001, 04:20 PM
You didn't mention the name or website of the other part of the company. Do they still deal with Morigeau and ship to the US?
If so, how can they be contacted? Did you ever find someone to fulfill your order? Were they in Canada?