PDA

View Full Version : Baby furniture - Help

lisa
01-08-2001, 10:19 AM
I have shopped around and seen furniture that I've liked (Pali, Ragazzi, Morigeau Lepine). As far as the dressers go, does anyone have any experience with Pali furniture. How does it compare to Morigeau Lepine? How important are the dove-tailed drawers? I've noticed that Pali doesn't have them, while the other manufacturers do.

DIANEH
01-29-2001, 12:49 PM
Dovetailed drawers are a higher quality - it takes longer to make, but it's a stronger drawer. A drawer without dovetailing has a higher chance of coming apart, since it's primarily glue holding it together, whereas with dovetailing, it almost holds itself together without the glue since it interlocks, and then they add the glue for extra reinforcement. It's looks like 2 puzzle pieces coming together.

jmac588
01-31-2001, 01:52 AM
I have the Pali crib, but the store that I bought it in doesn't sell the case pieces because of inferior quality. I'm not sure if this is just a marketing gimmick to get the customer to buy a more expensive line of dressers etc., but I thought I would pass this along. If it's true about not having dove-tail drawers then maybe what I was told was correct.