PDA

View Full Version : Never heard of Okla Homer Smith crib

amcelhaney
01-17-2001, 11:43 AM
I'm new to this message board! We bought a used crib a couple of days ago, and the manufacturer is Okla Homer Smith Mfg Co. Has anyone heard of this company? The style/model name is Nod-A-Way. When I do an internet search, not a lot of information comes up on that company. The search produced a site that had a recall notice for the company, but luckily my model # wasn't one of the ones that were recalled!

Please advise if anyone has heard good/bad about the manufacturer or know someone who has this kind of a crib!

Thank you,
Amy

alandenisefields
01-17-2001, 10:36 PM
This crib company was sold by Century to Cosco and renamed Bridgeport. We reviewed Okla Homer Smith in the 3rd edition of our book---in short, they were very low quality and had many recall problems.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

Belynda
07-11-2001, 12:15 PM
I'm also researching this company. I don't know if they still exist, because the information I gathered from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)was date February 10, 1995. The report indicated that Okla Homer had many recalls and consumers were advised to call COSCO at 1-800-544-1108 (which is handling the customer service for the recalls) or write Okla Homer Smith Furniture Manufacturing Company, P.O. Box 1148, 416 South Fifth Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901.

In the research I've done concerning cribs, I advise you to inspect your crib thoroughly (hamage to hardware, loose joints, missing parts, sharp edges, and places that might cause entrapment). Learn and understand how your crib is designed. California and Washington states state that slats be no more than 2 3/8 inches apart. Rail height should be 26 inches from the mattress to prevent active babies from getting out.

Have you heard of the Danny Foundation? They can provide you with information on old and new cribs. Their # is 1-800-424-9393.

Hoping the best for you and your family!