PDA

View Full Version : Graco Chaeffeur Coach Rider Travel System

alexsharp
01-22-2001, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this stroller? Also - are there many 'pluses' to a travel system. Also with the Chaeffeur - the stroller is a stroller/carriage - are there any advantages to this versus the Literider systems or other brands, etc..
Thanks in advance!

KYLE'S MOM
04-02-2001, 08:58 AM
I HAVE THE GRACO LITERIDER TRAVEL SYSTEM AND WISH NOW THAT I HAD THE TRAVEL SYSTEM WITH THE CARRIAGE FEATURE. MY SON IS ALMOST 4 MONTHS OLD AND I WOULD LIKE TO PUT HIM IN THE STROLLER WITHOUT THE CARSEAT; HOWEVER, I STILL WANT HIM TO FACE ME SO I CAN SEE HIM. I AM STRUGGLING NOW ABOUT BUYING A NEW STROLLER JUST FOR THIS FEATURE. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS SYSTEM.

alexsharp
04-02-2001, 09:28 AM
I ended up with a Peg Perego Venezia. My mother bought it. I could have whatever I wanted. I heard more negative feedback about the big Graco strollers - so I shied away from them. The Venezia seems to be great (I have not used it yet - EDD 5/8/01) - but I can make it into a travel system with the addition of an adapter bar. Plus there is the carriage function and you can flip the handle so the baby faces you.
Thanks for the reply

Geebee
04-02-2001, 09:40 AM
The main benefit to a travel system is the ability to move the carrier/carseat with out moving the baby. There are so many options out now that you don't have to go with the traditional travel system. The main complaint that I have about the travel system is the size, weight, and bulk of the stroller. Other than that complaint, I have had a good experience with the stroller (Century) - cup holders, maneuvers easily, full recline, large, accessible basket. You might want to check out the newer options - the Snap N Go (although you would have to buy another stroller if you pick this route), the Combi's with the "perfect match" system that allow you to snap in the carrier/carseat, or the Peg Peregos for which you purchase a travel system bar separately (and now the lighterweight Pliko Matic and Sherpa strollers as well as the larger Venezia and Milano strollers have the bars).

I ended up buying a second stroller (Pliko Sherpa) when my daughter was about 1 year because of the hassle of lugging the travel stroller in and out of the trunk. I still use the travel stroller for parks, neighborhood walks, and outdoor fairs because of the large (HUGE) wheels.

sjapark
05-30-2001, 12:08 AM
I have this stroller and for me, it is way too big to really use outside on a daily basis. We use it to wheel baby around our house. The maneuverability is terrible on the Graco. I ended up buying another stroller today- the Combi 6600 perfect match because of other posts on this website. Hope it works better than the Graco chaffeur.

bodaya
06-04-2001, 02:30 PM
I have this travel system and must admit it did not live up to my expectations. It is a very heavy, bulky system that is hard to fit in the trunk of my car. The infant carrier was great for the first few months, but my son outgrew it very quickly. By the time my son was 4 months old (in December), I could not buckle him when he was wearing his snowsuit. Because of the weight of the stroller, I gave in and bought an umbrella stroller when he was 7 months old.

If I had known from the beginning what I know now about this travel system, I would have invested the $200+ elsewhere.

brazilmom
07-05-2001, 02:56 PM
I had originally registered for this travel system. The sales girl had wonderful things to sy about it and I, ever so ignorant about baby products, took her word for it and registered for it. After reading the Baby Bargains book I decided to take a second look at it. I went back to the store and was shocked at what I found. The stroller is very hard to fold and very heavy and bulky. I asked a sales guy for assistance and even he had a hard time folding it. I could barely lift it, it weighs about 30 pounds! These are all things the other sales girl failed to mention. Now I am on a search for other options that are lighter and smaller but have the same convenience of not having to wake up baby.....any suggestions?

Geebee
07-06-2001, 05:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-01 AT 04:12PM (Mountain)[p]Check out the message board section titled "Places to Go: Strollers, Bike Trailers, Diaper Bags and Carriers" for some more advice.

It was a great idea to go test out the stroller. I wish that I had done the same. I ended up with a heavy bulky system and bought a lightweight compact stroller after 12 months - the Peg Perego Pliko Sherpa.

One option for lightweight is the frames by Baby Trend (Snap N Go) or Kolcraft (can't recall the name). These are just frames on wheels (some with baskets and other features) that allow you to snap in the infant carrier/carseat.

For strollers, try checking out the Combis that come with the Perfect Match System or the Peg Peregos for which you can purchase a carseat attachment bar separately. Both brands have lighter weight and higher quality strollers.

My choice would be the Peg Perego Pliko (Matic, Sherpa, or Trek) with a car seat adapter bar and an infant carseat/carrier (like Graco). The Plikos are relatively lightweight (at 15 lbs) and fully reclining (for infants) and have a leg extenders (also for infants), decent basket, and nice hood. It also folds compactly. The folding isn't intuitive, but once someone shows you how, it is very easy. And the carseat adapter bar allows you to move the baby with waking her.

I hope that helps.