PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Colgate Classica Confusion!

MarchMom01
01-30-2001, 03:14 PM
I'm trying to purchase the Colgate Classica I mattress, and a local store carries a Colgate foam mattress called 'Cradletyme' ($79.99). The sales lady said it's 'rated #1 by consumer reports'. Now, is the Cradletyme the same as the Classica I? (Isn't THAT the top-rated one?) The store is far from where I live so I didn't drop by to have a look. If anyone has a Classica I mattress, please tell me exactly what the label says on it!

Thanks a lot! :)

jmac588
01-31-2001, 01:47 AM
The same thing happened to me. I sent my husband to pick it up and he came back with the Cradletyme. It appears to be the same mattress, I even think both names are on the label.

MarchMom01
01-31-2001, 12:36 PM
I called Colgate directly to get the truth once and for all. The lady told me 'Cradletyme' is the product line name. It should still say 'Classica I' on it.

By the way I also asked about the '2-in-1' mattress... I asked her if it's foam on one side and spring/coil on the other side, and she said 'NO NO NO! That's wrong!' Apparently it's extra firm foam on one side (I read on their website colgatekids.com that the extra firm side is like Classica II firmness) and it's convoluted foam (less firm) on the other side for toddlers, with spring/coil in between. (think sandwich). It's actually a coil mattress with lots of foam padding, she said.

Hope that helps somebody.