PDA

View Full Version : Pali Cribs - Quality/materials

teresajill
02-04-2001, 01:17 PM
My husband and a friend put together our new Pali Rebecca crib last night. They found it to be extremely easy. The big surprise is that it's not all beech wood. The drawer assembly and the cross bars that the mattress frame connects to are made out of particle board. And what's worse is that instead of putting a nice layer of beech laminate over them, they used a cheesy plastic like laminate. Just for comparison, this laminate is just about the same as the fake wood laminates that come on the cheapest Ikea dressers.

Don't get me wrong, the crib still looks great. I just wanted to warn everyone about the particle board so that no one else is as surprised as we were.

lmintzer
02-05-2001, 06:18 PM
Gosh, that's disturbing to hear. We also ordered a Pali crib (the Pali Paula) based both on appearance and quality. I knew that the drawer had some particle board materials (e.g. the separator panel) but had no idea about the mattress support. Has anyone else had problems of any kind with their Pali cribs?

JakesMom
03-11-2001, 01:49 AM
We were also surprised by those sheets of particle board, but trust me, you'll never know they are there. The crib is incredibly sturdy and comfy for our son, who didn't sleep through the night in his bassinet or Pack & Play. He does love his crib, though!

Fear not -- you made a good investment!

- Jodi

alandenisefields
03-11-2001, 10:04 PM
FYI: I believe ALL the Italian crib makers use particle board or laminate for their storage drawers. Yes, it would be nice to think every last piece of an Italian crib would be solid wood, but as with most furniture today, there are going to be compromises. From all the feedback we get, parents like their Pali (and other Italian cribs)---the laminate drawers don't effect the crib's usefullness, etc.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS