PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a crib!!

FirstTimeTwins
02-04-2001, 08:32 PM
I've recenly looked at the Bonavita Carmel Collection Pamela crib as well as the Pottery Barn Catalina crib (a.k.a. -- Simmons crib sold by Sears)

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either of these cribs (or any other crib for that matter)? We're expecting twins so we want to choose a well made crib that's reasonably priced since we're buying two!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--FirstTimeTwins

restless
02-17-2001, 05:38 PM
Hi
I too liked the Catalina Crib. I noticed you said it was also sold by Sears? Can you let me know? I noticed on this crib it did not say anything about what it was made of or if the sides dropped down or not. Does anyone know?

restless
02-17-2001, 05:45 PM
First time twins, check out the information 2 or three posts down on Pottery Barn Kids!!!!

FirstTimeTwins
02-18-2001, 09:49 PM
Yes, you can special order this crib from Sears (crib is made by Simmons)....they don't have any on display in their retail stores however. I did recently visit the Pottery Barn for Kids store and looked at that Catalina crib. I think it's made from Italian Beech wood, and it does have drop down sides, however the hardware is exposed (don't know if this matters to you or not). I personally found the crib to be "rickety" and unstable. This could have been the result of poor assembly however. Hope this helps!!

babyshopper
02-21-2001, 10:47 PM
I just purchased the Bonavita Pamela crib. I did a lot of research and feel confident that I chose the right crib. I paid $400. Good luck.

restless
02-22-2001, 08:52 PM
First Time Twins
I thought I read the Catalina crib has a knee release. Did you notice that? Also, any reason you think the hardware showing would not show on the catalog. I am so new to this, sorry if I may ask silly questions. Thank you so much for all your help so far.

triangle
07-06-2001, 01:12 AM
>Where did you find the Pamela crib for $400? Did this include an underneath drawer?