PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions about AP Industries/Generations Combo Unit?

teresajill
02-05-2001, 01:04 PM
I know the book says to buy Rumble Tuff, but I'm just not that thrilled with it. Sure, it's well made, but to me it lacks style. I'm not sure if Rumble Tuff has become more expensive since the book came out or if it's just expensive where I live, but the prices are pretty similar to other brands. I've looked at lots of brands and my head is starting to swim.

Does anyone have any opinions about AP Industries products? Under their Generations name, they have a group called Spring Break (I think) that looks pretty.

Also, can anyone tell me if buying a hutch for the combo units is a good idea? Did you really use them, or were they a pain?

cscbrown
02-08-2001, 10:55 AM
My husband and I also were thinking of buying a Rumble Tuff combo unit. When we finally made up our minds and went back to the store to buy the unit, the store owner suggested AP furniture. After looking at the AP unit, we decided to purchase it instead - we were impressed with the style and wood quality. There was also very little price difference. Another good aspect of the AP furniture is that many stores in our area carry this line so we will be able to buy additional furniture in the future (beds, desks, etc).
We did not buy the hutch. According to the salesperson, they carry lines for several years, so we are going to wait until we're finished with the changing table.