PDA

View Full Version : Pali Cribs

Normadsmnd2
02-06-2001, 11:30 AM
What happened to Pali cribs. I thought I would be able to find them since their distributor is not far from where I live. I called them & they no longer distribute Pali. The only ones I have seen are on websites & they are nowhere near Chicagoland.
Has anyone else had this problem?

lmintzer
02-06-2001, 01:43 PM
Hi. We recently ordered a Pali crib from a Chicago area distributor. I believe the only store in the area that carries Pali right now is called "The Baby's Room". There are a few different locations: Arlington Heights, Aurora, Chicago, Crystal Lake, Orland Hills, Melrose Park, and Hoffman Estates. One other store in Rockford, called "Small World," may carry them as well. I got this info. off the Pali International website, since the U.S. website is not currently functioning. We just ordered our Pali crib through the Aurora store, so I can guarantee they have them there.

alandenisefields
02-06-2001, 02:18 PM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards.

We actually have an article on the changes at Pali on our web site at www.babybargainsbook.com (click the Updates/News line). They can now be contacted toll free at (877) 725-4772. Whenever we have important news and changes to the book, we try to included them in this section of our web site.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

Normadsmnd2
02-06-2001, 11:09 PM
Thank You

babyG
02-10-2001, 01:46 PM
With all of the trouble Pali seems to be having,do you still recommend this crib. It seems to be well made, but I called them with some safety concerns with cribs in general and they never responded to my phone call when I called the 800 #. My other option is a Ragazzi crib that we did not like as much. I would appreciate any feedback as I have to order the crib ASAP.

Thank you

Robin Meehan
02-13-2001, 10:16 AM
Hi, Although I live in NJ I still thought I could pass along this info about PALI cribs. CRIB CITY carries PALI cribs--We were in a store in Paramus, NJ this weekend and that was the most popular crib they carried. They even had a huge sign up that said Number 1 recommended crib from Baby Bargains. I know there are several locations in NJ but I don't know if there are any in your area. I don't have the telephone number handy since I'm at work but they were located in Paramus, NJ; the area code is (201)...maybe they have a web site--I hope this is helpful...

JakesMom
03-11-2001, 01:31 AM
I live in Chicago and had ordered a Pali crib & changing table from Lazar's in Lincolnwood. However, when I called to have them deliver the crib, they told me that they had mistakenly sold mine to someone else, and that it was no longer available. Well, hell hath no fury like a new mom scorned -- especially one that already had taken delivery of the matching changing table!

I called the Pali distributor in the Chicago suburbs, and got the name of a store in Wisconsin that carried everything and was happy to take my credit card by phone. They shipped me the crib within two days (for less in S&H than Lazar's was charging for delivery), and at a price about $65 less. I think it was Baby's Best Buys in Brookfield [(262) 789-1961]. They were incredibly nice and efficient.

In terms of quality, I can't say enough about Pali. The furniture looks beautiful, is very sturdy, and the finish on the wood is handling my son's banging very well. We are very happy with this stuff and would definitely buy it again (although, not from Lazar's!).

- Jodi
(P.S. To Chicago-area Moms & Dads, feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you want to connect on good baby resources! [email protected])

margin
03-14-2001, 12:30 PM
There is a store near here (Arkansas) that delivers Pali cribs all over the country and has a pretty good inventory. They have the all the Pali furniture available in the US on thier website http://www.cloud9web.com . The new PaliItaly site is pretty. . .but it takes forever to load and not real accurate, they have almost none of thier American distributers on their and I couldn't find information very easily. I hope they get it straightened out soon.