PDA

View Full Version : Land's End fitted sheet too loose for Colgate Classica?? I

MarchMom01
02-06-2001, 02:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-01 AT 12:52PM (Mountain)[p]Hi, I just got my order of the Land's End cotton fitted crib sheets, and to my surprise, it doesn't fit tautly on my Colgate Classica I mattress! :o Is this normal? (I haven't washed it yet, just testing it out). The sheet does have all-round elastic but it doesn't fit tautly on the mattress! (i.e., it's not smooth with no loose 'folds') Anyone else have the same experience? Is this dangerous for the baby? Anything I can do to make it fit more tautly?

ecarley
02-07-2001, 03:41 PM
First, try washing and drying them on HOT HOT HOT. Since they're all cotton they'll definitely shrink a little. Lands' End makes their stuff very carefully and they've probably given a little extra room to accommodate shrinkage.

If they still don't fit satisfactorily, you can return or exchange them with absolutely no hassle. Lands' End will take anything back for any reason. Good luck!

alandenisefields
02-07-2001, 04:17 PM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards!

We actually used Lands End sheets ourselves for our last baby and found that they were just fine once they were washed. If you find they are still too loose, you can definitely return them. You do not want them too tight, however, all four sides of the sheet should go completely under the mattress. If they don't, the sheet could be a hazard.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

MarchMom01
02-07-2001, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn't sure if I could return them to Land's End if they've been washed. Sounds like they have a good return policy like LL Bean.

Also I don't have a mattress pad/cover yet so maybe after putting that on it will fit more snugly.

Thanks again for the input! I appreciate it! :)

gabrielle
02-14-2001, 08:26 AM
Hi there. I had the same question about the Lands End sheets I ordered. They didn't fit as snuggly as I would've liked. I washed them and they were better-- pretty smooth and no folds but still not super tight. I have a mattress pad incidentally. All in all I'm happy with them being a little loose on the sides. I just tuck them under tightly. Actually, I feel more secure knowing that they're made a little larger so that they won't ride up over time. That I think is the biggest danger.

Good luck!