PDA

View Full Version : Babi Italia Crib

Bernadette Slovensky
02-21-2001, 10:02 AM
My parents bought us a Babi Italia Crib at Babies R Us this weekend. When we put it together, there was no warranty card, nor any mechanism to register the crib with the company in case of recalls. I called the company and spoke to a rude woman who told me that the store is responsible for taking that information. I told her that Babies R Us had not, and she responded by saying that she had no idea what they do, and I should call Babies R Us. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I am waiting for Babies R Us to open and I will call them, but I am not comforable with the fact that I am relying on the chain store to inform me of a recall. Shouldn't this be the companies responsibility? Has this happened to anyone else?

Bernadette J.
04-03-2001, 09:06 AM
Dear Bernadette,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered when trying to find out about warranty cards for your babi italia crib. If there is anything that I can do to help please feel free to give me a call (since I work for the makers of babi italia) 1 888-266-2848 at ext. 312. To get me directly, press the # then 312.

Sincerely,
Bernadette J.

wiz
04-03-2001, 03:48 PM
Looks like there is a pattern here - my Pali crib came with no warranty card. I dont care much about warranty but only concerned about safety recalls since there have been many - even this year a Simmons crib was recalled.
Maybe some consumer advocates should bring this up with the manufacturers

Bernadette J.
04-04-2001, 10:50 AM
Since I have a daughter (almost 2 years old) I like to keep up on recalls. A good website to check out (along with the babybargains page on recalls) is the Consumer Product Saftey Commission (CPSC) website (www.cpsc.gov). I don't know how often they post information, but it is a good reference.

Hope this was helpful.

chrish173
04-07-2001, 02:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-01 AT 01:36PM (Mountain)[p]I also recently bought a Babi Italia crib at Babies R Us. Once we unpacked everything we learned we did not have instructions, warranty card or parts! I immediately called Babies R Us and it stated that it would order everything and we would have it in 2-3 weeks. I also called Babi Italia and it stated we would have everything within 2-3 days via UPS (we never received a UPS package). Finally after following up with Babies R Us twice we were told everything came in. We went to Babies R Us and only our parts had arrived. I had to have the instructions faxed to me and we're still waiting on our warranty card though we are told our receipt is sufficient. Babies R Us gave us a 10% discount for our inconvenience (at my insistence). To frustate matters more, once you put together the crib, the last instruction states that you need to go out and buy a piece of board to cover the drawers. Of course to install the board you need to disassemble the crib. You think they could have included the $5-$10 board in the original package. I hope our luck with the crib itself (i.e., baby use) is better than our experience so far.

Bernadette J.
04-11-2001, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your inconvenience.

If you call 1 888 266-2848 ext 312 and ask for Nicole, she will be able to enter your information into babi italia's computer system.

GA
04-15-2001, 12:53 AM
My husband and I just registered for a Babi-Italia crib at Baby's-R-Us. Since we have a second choice that was equally favored, we may just go with it. I don't like what I've been reading about your experiences. I have plenty enough stresses and inconveniences in preparing for our new arrival. Thank you.

LBoule
04-16-2001, 07:32 AM
My husband and I purchased a Baby Italia Victoria Sleigh Crib from Babies-R-Us, and we are very pleased with our purchase. When my husband assembled the crib, he found a small wheel on the drawer track broken. I called their customer service department, and we had the part delivered to us within a week. I found their customer service department to be helpful and pleasant.

Liz B.