PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren and Snap n Go vs Ultra Savvy Perfect Match System

LisaH
02-27-2001, 11:53 PM
We've been debating on whether to purchase a Combi Ultra Savvy and attach a baby carrier with the Perfect Match system or buy a Snap n Go "stroller" to make our carrier portable and then buy a Maclaren stroller for when our baby grows out of the carrier. Any advice. We would esp be interested in feedback about the Maclaren stroller. We were also concerned about the durability of the Combi, we've been told that they can break during travel.

Lisa and Mathew

alandenisefields
02-28-2001, 12:28 PM
I think either way is fine. As for Combi's breaking during travel, I'm not sure what you mean---if you mean airlines breaking strollers that are gate-checked, well, airlines can destory just about any stroller! Combi isn't especially vulnerable to that.

Best wishes,
Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

katesmom
03-01-2001, 04:13 PM
Definitely get the Snap-n-go -- it's a terrific product and you'll really love it. I, too, am debating whether or not to buy a Maclaren but unlike you, my daughter is 18 months old. I think your plan -- Snap-n-go and Maclaren -- is a good one. I've found that the Combi strollers seem much "flimsier" than the Maclarens.
Good luck!

babyshopper
03-03-2001, 11:43 PM
Just thought I'd add my two sense since I looked at each of these products today.

I purchased a snap'n go and a Century Smart Fit infant car seat a few weeks ago. Today while I was in Buy Buy Baby, I saw a big sign that said that the Snap 'n Go is NOT compatible with the Smart Fit. So check and make sure your car seat is compatible with the snap 'n go. I am considering purchasing the Ultra Savvy and taking back the other stuff. Keep us posted.

dave
03-04-2001, 01:00 PM
One more comment.

I was close to buying the combi ultra savvy, but was encouraged to consider the 2001 peg perego pliko stroller, which now has an optional attachment bar that holds most infant carriers (ours is an evenflo). The Pliko just felt more stable than the ultra savvy. Well - I found the Pliko online for $199 (no tax no shipping) and just received the attachment bar yesterday ($15). It works just great!

Just my two cents.