PDA

View Full Version : Travel Crib

wndyslvr
03-08-2001, 04:35 PM
I travel several times a year and stay at hotels. What have you found to be the best travel crib. Am I best off with one of the mesh play pens like a "Pack N Play"? Would she be comforatble sleeping in that for a week? Can she sleep in the bottom once she outgrows the bassinet tray? Or is there another item on the market that is easy to travel (by Plane) with?

Thanks for any imput!

Due June 8th and starting to shop!

sarsah
03-09-2001, 11:04 PM
We have a Graco 3-way Pack & Play crib for our son and he sleeps in it (the bottom play crib part) when we visit relatives. He sleeps just fine in it, even for a week at a time, however, he will sleep just about anywhere.
If you stay at the same hotels, you may want to check out the kind of cribs they provide. It would be so much easier to use their crib (if it was a safe one) than bring your own, especially when traveling by plane (you may, however, want to bring your own sheets, as hotels usually wrap a regular size sheet around the mattress). We travel by plane and stay at a hotel (happens to be the same hotel) about once a month. We use the porta-crib they provide -- it is a newer model which seems to be safe.
If you do want to take your Pack & Play with you, I would suggest buying a bag to ship it in. The bag that comes with it is fine for car trips, but I don't think it would stand up to airline baggage handlers. I found a rolling duffle that just fits our Pack & Play, however I have not used it since we have only gone two different places where we would have needed it -- one place provided a Pack & Play and the other is the place I talked about above.

Sarah....