PDA

View Full Version : Pali vs. Canalli furniture

julymom
03-20-2001, 01:24 PM
My husband and I are expecting in July & started looking into furniture. We're pretty much settled on the Pali "Renee" crib (new for 2001). It's really nice & has hidden wheels. Although I do still like the "Paula".

Now the question lies with which combo dresser/changer to go with. We like both the Pali 4000 series as well as the Canalli 9600 series. The Pali is an extra $250 & the store that we saw both of them in, didn't recommend it. They said that the dresser is made out of formica, while the Canalli is all wood. I was surprised to hear that about Pali.

I was wondering whether anyone has either of the brands and what your feeling are about them. I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

lmintzer
03-20-2001, 01:45 PM
Hi. We purchased the Pali Paula crib for our little one (due in May). I haven't bought dressers yet, but I have looked at a few brands including Ruff Tumble, Pali, and Morigeau Lepine. Although I really liked the look of some of the Pali pieces, I was most impressed with the Morigeau Lepine, quality-wise. It seems almost all furniture these days has some press board/particle board parts (e.g., the drawer dividers and sometimes the drawer bottoms), which is a little disappointing given the high prices. The Morigeau Lepine has dovetailed joints--you can see this when you open the drawers. The construction looks very sturdy. A friend of mine also highly recommends a French Candian brand called Ragazzi. Please post again if you come up with some more ideas.

Best,
Lisa

lmintzer
03-20-2001, 01:45 PM
Hi. We purchased the Pali Paula crib for our little one (due in May). I haven't bought dressers yet, but I have looked at a few brands including Ruff Tumble, Pali, and Morigeau Lepine. Although I really liked the look of some of the Pali pieces, I was most impressed with the Morigeau Lepine, quality-wise. It seems almost all furniture these days has some press board/particle board parts (e.g., the drawer dividers and sometimes the drawer bottoms), which is a little disappointing given the high prices. The Morigeau Lepine has dovetailed joints--you can see this when you open the drawers. The construction looks very sturdy. A friend of mine also highly recommends a French Canadian brand called Ragazzi. Please post again if you come up with some more ideas.

Best,
Lisa