PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Pads

future_mommie
03-22-2001, 02:21 PM
Which mattress pads are the best and safest? Does the kind/brand of pad matter? I figure waterproof is better? We have purchased a Colgate Classica I mattress, which I've read are very safe and highly recommended and would like to put the best kind of pad on it. :) Please include where to purchase the mattress pads too. TIA!

Heather EDD 6/15/01

cabote
03-27-2001, 01:10 PM
Baby Bargains says that you got best pad (foam variety). I checked out the "Ultimate Crib Sheet" (a sheet protector)at basic.comfort.com for $12.95. It was recommended in the book. I ended up ordering a quilted mattress pad from estyle.com for $15.95 (haven't received it just yet). But, just the other day I found the NoJo mattress pad at a babies-r-us store. I think it looked fine and for a much better price. It has ties to keep it from moving around (like the Ultimate Crib Sheet)but it is smaller. This seems like a better option to me. Less ties to mess with.

cabote
03-27-2001, 01:11 PM
Baby Bargains says that you got best pad (foam variety). I checked out the "Ultimate Crib Sheet" (a sheet protector)at basic.comfort.com for $12.95. It was recommended in the book. I ended up ordering a quilted mattress pad from estyle.com for $15.95 (haven't received it just yet). But, just the other day I found the NoJo mattress pad at a babies-r-us store. I think it looked fine and for a much better price. It has ties to keep it from moving around (like the Ultimate Crib Sheet)but it is smaller. This seems like a better option to me. Less ties to mess with.

lmintzer
04-03-2001, 10:44 AM
I've heard good things about the Lands End mattress pad. Unfortunately, I don't have info. on the safety ratings, but I've been told it's a great pad--it adds thickness to the crib mattress and is waterproof on one side.

cabote
04-03-2001, 12:35 PM
Not sure why that last message printed twice. I meant to say that you got the best MATTRESS not pad. I did receive the mattress pad from estyle.com. It has elastic all the way around, is waterproof, and fits UNDER the sheet. I did not realize this. Therefore, you still need something on top of the sheet! I liked the multipurpose waterproof pads I got from that site for protecting the sheet. Hope it helps!