PDA

View Full Version : The Great Mattress debate

wiz
04-03-2001, 03:43 PM
I think that the new Baby bargain book should include at least a few other mattress brands and their quality. Colgate mattresses are NOT available in general stores like Babysrus etc and are quite hard to find. And if you get gift certs for babysrus etc you have to pretty much buy from there.
Well I looked at the Colgate Classica I mattress and am only moderately impressed with it. I it cannot stand the wear and tear.
After looking at a lot of mattresses, I settled on Simmons Beautyrest Elegance. I liked its overall hardness and fabric quality. (It is a 231 individual coil mattress). We like sturdy mattresses in general.

ecarley
04-04-2001, 03:18 PM
If you go to www.colgatekids.com , their locator map is finally working and it will help you locate stores. We don't have any stores with them in this area, but two different cities an hour away have them.

And yes, if you get gift certificates from Babies R Us you need to use them there, but there are plenty of other things you'll need to buy from there. We'll be driving the hour and buying the mattress outselves.

marie60657
04-06-2001, 02:45 PM
Or just buy online from a site like babyuniverse.com. Start by checking out one of the online coupon sites (i.e. flamingoworld.com) and see where you can get the best discount - then shop around the various online sites. I got my mattress at a base price of under $100, then used a 20% off coupon - and got it with no tax and free shipping. And no need to drive to a mall and carry a bulky mattress home!