PDA

View Full Version : Crib Mattresses

elzi121
05-06-2001, 11:57 AM
We just purchased the Pali Molly crib and the store we bought it from includes a Dream On high-density foam mattress with all their cribs.

Does anyone know anything about this mattress? We will get a $25 credit if we decide not to take the mattress. The crib alone is still a great deal, so we are not concerned if we need to buy a separate mattress.

Koseken
05-07-2001, 12:38 PM
I highly recommend the "Bumpa-bed" mattress made by Babyjogger (you can see it on their website - www.babyjogger.com, I think. It is a foam mattress with the center cut out, leaving about a 4x4" rim around the area that the baby sleeps in. It solves the bumper problem (ie that "bumpers" must be removed just at the time the baby is mobile and can bump himself against the rails, or get hands or feet stuck) by providing a soft barrier between the baby and the crib rails, but the wall is firm enough to not present a suffocation hazard. The sheets are mattress-pad style squares that velcro in place - they can't come loose, and even if they did, they are unlikely to entangle the baby as regular sheets can. They are very easy to change. The mattress comes with an optional insert to fill in the cutout when the baby gets older. Its a really clever, practical and safe design.

kst
06-27-2001, 02:36 PM
Hi, I am purchasing the Molly crib and it is available to me in the glossy white and the matt white. which do you have? I guess all the new ones are matt. Which do you think is nicer?

HELP

Katherine