PDA

View Full Version : Have washed all linens and made up the crib...

stella
05-07-2001, 08:58 AM
The mattress is a sealy coil mattress, the pad is Lands End waterproof, quilted crib pad, and the sheet is Sumersault sold through Laura Ashley.
Well, it looks very cozy, but I'm concerned that the bedding is still a little loose. The sheets and pad are not pulling up from the mattress, but there are folds and looseness on the surface. Is this a suffocation hazard? The sheet was washed twice and the mattress pad once. Is it likely that the surface would be too soft with this combo? I'm just not sure how tight this set-up is supposed to be. It's certainly not coming up at the corners, but the interior is a little loose.
Thanks a ton!

colgate
11-13-2001, 12:12 AM
Hi, Stella. I saw that no one replied to you so, I thought I would. Yes, I work for that other mattress company but, what is important is that you feel your baby is safe. To determine whether your sheets are safe, pinch the top of your sheet about four inches from the corner and four inches from each side of the mattress. Pull the sheet up and slightly back twowards you. The more pressure it takes to pull the sheet off of the corner, the safer your sheet. Hope this helps you and others. Congratulations on the new baby.