PDA

View Full Version : Babies 'R Us & Amazon merger

TLC1994
05-23-2001, 02:03 PM
Just went to check on my registry on the Babies 'R Us website and was automatically transfered to the Amazon.com site. Looks like they've finally merged after months of talk.

One minor problem, which I'll have to contact them about is this...not every item from my registry appears on the Amazon.com listing. And some of the items that have been purchased are not showing up either. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Other than that the site looks pretty good. When you call up a registry, you get to see thumbnail pictures of the items (very nice!) - and a lot more items are available online then were available with just babiesrus.com. It's also easy to update your registry, search for items and they have other helpful sections (i.e. you can compare multiple strollers to see how their features differ). AND, there seems to be a much larger selection - as an example, they had a Maclaren Vogue stroller online whereas Babies 'R Us didn't sell Maclaren strollers. (Of course it would probably have to be purchased online, but at least you could register for it if you wanted to.)

Anyway, thought you might like to know about this.

Minnie Mouse
05-24-2001, 10:19 AM
I just got off the phone with them...had a similar problems that some things weren't showing up.

They said that the system was just merged yesterday (Wednesday, 5/23) and that they are still getting some kinks out. There are more items on my list today than there were yesterday....but what mainly seems to be still missing are clothes.

The person I spoke with at BRU/Amazon seemed to be well aware of the situation and they were making notes of any missing items to go double check them in the system...so if you want to report yours, it may be a good idea... I felt confident that they were working hard on the problem and he was quite apologetic about it.

HTH

Christine
EDD #1 7/23/01

TLC1994
05-24-2001, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the update. I did email Amazon yesterday about the problem but haven't heard back from them yet. I'll probably give them a call later today about the items missing on my registry (BTW - most of mine are clothes too.)

Thanks again.