PDA

View Full Version : Domusindo Cribs?

AmieKoporc
05-29-2001, 04:50 PM
Has anyone purchased a Domusindo crib? I found the sleigh crib in the new JC Penney catalog, but took me several hours to track down the supplier who then told me the manufacturer. It is made in Indonesia and I'm worried about safety. Ever heard of this brand?

Jeanne
06-06-2001, 02:06 PM
We purchased a solid side sleigh Domusindo Crib at JCPenney a few months ago. I haven't used it as I'm not due until the end of August. However, my husband assembled the crib completely to check the safety level. It's very sturdy and we are pleased with it. The only quirkly thing is that the mattress does not rest on springs, rather a plywood board! I'm not sure what this means for the baby as we over-bought on a mattress anyway - a Sealy Mattress with a million springs in it(sorry Fields - got carried away)! I'm sure it's just a very hard feel as the child continues to gain in weight and age - as with any mattress you might put boards under.

I spoke to several people at JCPenney and was told that they put all private labels through their own rigerous testing to meet their standards and reputation. So I took a chance on the Domusindo without seeing it put together because Penney's told me they would refund me if I wasn't happy. While looking at cribs at Babies R Us I wasn't thrilled with much of anything I saw. It seems as if wheels make all the difference in whether the crib seems more rickety or not. We don't plan to put wheels on our crib anyway but Domusindo is solid as a rock with or without wheels - not to mention really heavy because of the solid wood sides! There doesn't seem to be much difference between it and the Pali Sleigh crib except price. And you can't beat the price when JCPenney puts out coupons for 20-30% off!

Fields - can you add anything? I'd be curious to hear your latest feelings on this as I've talked to several people who really like the option of purchasing the Domusindo line but are fearful because it's not a name brand and hasn't been discussed endlessly in your book. Baby Bargains is the bible for many new parents. Please join in!