PDA

View Full Version : Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

jacquirapp
06-11-2001, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have any information on the Arm's Reach co-sleeper? I know that it needs specially fitted sheets, etc. Has anyone used one and what do you think of it?

thanks for any info.

Minnie Mouse
06-12-2001, 09:10 AM
We are about to go buy one in the next two weeks. I understand that you can use regular pack n play sheets with it!!

We decided to go with the Universal co-sleeper...it is their newest model and the mattress adjusts to more than just the top and bottom settings, as well as having the ability to "close off" the 4th lower side of the cosleeper for when you use it as a pack n play. It doesn't seem to be as widely available as the original cosleeper (you can get them at BRU and Burlington), I have only been able to find the Universal on line ...no local stores carry it.

You can get more info from their site at www.armsreach.com

Hope this helps.

Christine

jacquirapp
06-12-2001, 09:25 AM
I couldn't find the website... I tried just entering that, and it didn't work... Are you sure that is it?

Thanks,
jacqui

Minnie Mouse
06-12-2001, 01:47 PM
Here...I cut and paste it exactly from my browser...

http://www.armsreach.com/

Christine

Blakesmom
06-26-2001, 05:50 AM
I used one for my son from when we brought him home till he was about 6 months old....I loved it!!!! I did have a problem with folding it up though one of the sides "stuck" I was also able to use portable crib sheets on it that fit GREAT:)

triangle
07-03-2001, 12:49 AM
How long can the baby stay in it? What is the weight capacity? I have a 4 month old and she has outgrown her bassinette but I'm not quite ready to put her in a crib yet. Should they be out of it once they can rollover on their own?

Blakesmom
07-03-2001, 12:53 AM
I was never able to find a cut off weight for the co-sleeper but there's a warning on it that says not to use it after the baby can rollover

allie
07-14-2001, 08:45 AM
I had one and I never really used it. It's a good product, but I found myself taking the baby in bed with me, as did most new moms I know. The whole "arm's reach" concept is nice, but in reality, you don't really just reach over to touch or pat the baby. You know how it goes: teeny babies wake every 2 hours or so, and need to be changed or fed. You get up with them. Since you're up anyway, it's truly no more trouble to scoop them out of a bassinet or whatever else they're sleeping in. My suggestion would be to get a Pack-n-Play, or something of that type, and put it by your bed. They make super nice ones now with bassinets and changing tables; a lot of them even have wheels! Plus, even the top of the line models are much less expensive than the co-sleeper, not to mention infinitely more easy to fold and pack for travel. I think you'll get sooo much more use out of it than a co-sleeper. I know I did!