PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Ben

mary b
06-11-2001, 07:34 PM
I found a website Goodnight Ben which has a very good deal on Dutailier rockers. I am interested in #11958 (the Contemporary Mission). Does anyone have any info on the service or know anything about Goodnight Ben? It isn't on the official Dutailier website as a dealer. It is out of London, Ontario. By the way, Comfortliving.com no longer sells Dutailiers.

thanks!

jan
06-13-2001, 03:33 PM
babyfurnitureoutlet.com has better deals than Goodnight Ben. They, too are out of Canada, and we had excellent service and a much better price than goodnight Ben, plus no tax or shipping. Our Glider and ottoman were delivered 3 wks. earlier than promised too! Use the number on the website to call Babyfurnitureoutlet.com and the salespeople are extremely helpful.

rainanoelle
06-13-2001, 06:04 PM
I just ordered a Dutailier rocker and ottoman from Goodnight Ben on May 31st. I got model 11880 (large round back with multiposition lock) and the matching nursing ottoman. I checked with babyfurnitureoutlet.com as well, and was not happy with the emailed response I got to my price request (they took much longer to reply to me than Goodnight Ben, and then totally ignored the fact that I wanted ottoman prices/info, and that I'd asked about nursing ottomans...they also tried to say that what I wanted was from the Express line when I know that the fabric I chose is *not* from that line). Shipping is also included in Goodnight Ben's prices, and there is no tax to Canada. In the end I decided that I'd rather deal with Goodnight Ben even if it meant a few extra dollars (the rocker price babyfurnitureoutlet.com quoted me was "$539.99 Canadian, approximately $353.00 U.S." so Goodnight Ben was only $17 more. It sounds like Jan had a good experience with them, so they must be ok, but I've head so many good things about Goodnight Ben, I am not sorry I made the decision I did. =)

Goodnight Ben's price was:
11880 rocker $405-$25 (a discount special they run frequently) = $380

matching ottoman: $145-$25 (if you order both rocker and ottoman) = $120

nursing ottoman (regular matching ottoman + nursing stool that fits under it): $172-$25 (same special as for regular ottoman) = $147

Also, I'd heard that Goodnight Ben had *excellent* service, which I've also found to be the case. I've spoken with Tracey there on several occasions, and she's been very prompt and courteous, as well as once with Ben himself, who was also great to work with. Because the fabric I wanted (#530) was not an express fabric they quoted me ~8 wks to get it...Tracey called me yesterday (6/12) to say that they'd just heard from the factory that my rocker/ottoman was ready and would be delivered to Goodnight Ben in Canada the next day. She said they'd deliver it to their store in Michigan by next Tuesday, and they'd ship it out to me. So I'd imagine I'll get it only 3-1/2 weeks after ordering it! Not bad. =)

Just so you know, it looks like from their website that comfortliving.com does still sell Dutailier rockers (unless they've just not changed their website). They replied to my email on 5/30 and said that all their rockers are on their website (no custom orders) and the address is: http://www.4yourbaby.com/gliders.htm

One last thing to note...Goodnight Ben is selling Mendela Pump In Style breast pumps for only $199 US and NO SHIPPING CHARGES FOR SUMMER!!! This is the best price I've seen on this BY FAR ANYWHERE (by about $57 not counting shipping charges!!) When you're on the main goodnightben.com webpage, click on the link at the bottom of the page for their "newest shopping site" playfurniture.com then choose "Pump in Style" on the left side of the page.

Good luck with your purchase! I'll try to post when I actually get my glider/ottoman.

Raina

wilson1222
06-18-2001, 03:01 PM
“WOW!” is all I can say about Goodnight Ben. What a fantastic shopping experience.

I ordered a Dutailier glider and ottoman from Babies R Us about six weeks ago and was quoted an 8-10 week lead time. Five weeks into my order BRU called me to say Dutailier had run out of my upholstery and had cancelled my order. My choices were to receive a refund or to place a NEW order and now the lead time was 10-12 weeks. When I asked what they could do to help me I was effectively told “too bad”.

I immediately began researching my alternatives (as if I would really let BRU keep my money for ANOTHER 10-12 weeks). I read this message about GNB and gave them a shot. I wound up finding a glider that I like much better than the one I ordered through BRU. I got it and the matching ottoman in leather for virtually the same price that BRU had quoted for the chair alone in leather (and after that I would have had to pay taxes!). The best part is that after I explained my story to GNB they called Dutailier and were able to expedite my order and get it here by my due date (with no extra expediting fee)!

Obviously I don’t have my chair yet but so far I could not be happier with Goodnight Ben. Now THAT is customer service!

THANK YOU RAINA and anyone else who posted good things about GNB, without your good words I may never have found this wonderful company!!!!

kellieburke
06-22-2001, 12:15 PM
I had a great experience with Goodnight Ben. the customer service is top notch, and the prices are hard to beat. my chair has arrived 2 weeks early today.

rainanoelle
07-03-2001, 11:03 PM
I finally have a moment to drop by and let you know that I got my glider/ottoman as expected! They delivered it Friday morning of that week at 10:15am in excellent shape! It was quite easy to assemble (only 4 screws), and looks and feels wonderful. =) I am still exceptionally happy with Goodnight Ben's service and prices, and will continue to both use them and recommend them to anyone who will listen. =)

Best of luck to you all!

Raina