PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need crib mattress advice!!!

claudine
06-12-2001, 09:55 AM
We just moved, and I can't find my Baby Bargains book anywhere!!! Could someone give me a summary of what they said about mattresses for cribs? ALSO - I would like to hear anyone's experience/advice on what kind of crib mattress to buy.

(If it matters, we have a Babi Italia Victoria sleigh crib.)

Thanks much!

Deana
06-13-2001, 07:43 AM
The book basically recommends the Colgate Classica I foam mattress. This is also rated best by Consumer Reports. You probably won't find it at Babies-R-Us or Baby Depot. I found that it's sold under a different name by our local baby furniture store, but you just have to ask. I wouldn't recommend ordering it from Comfort Living because they are back-ordered and it could take months (other web stores don't seem to have this problem). I think in general the book recommends the foam mattresses over coil. But, the important part is that it's firm, the right thickness (I think 6 inches max), etc.

elaine
07-27-2001, 04:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-01 AT 03:07PM (Mountain)[p]The Colgate Classica I foam is very nice, and quite lightweight. I'm quite happy with it - but it was very hard to find it for sale. I ended up ordering online. All my local stores were pushing coil mattresses (with 15 year warranties, too!).

Poohlvr
08-01-2001, 10:07 AM
I just bought the Colgate Classica I foam mattress from Babyuniverse.com. I was very pleased with the service. Shipping was only $5.95 (I almost ordered it on another site, but the shipping was $18!), and I recieved it within 3 days of my order!

bjessen
08-01-2001, 12:58 PM
I also bought my Colgate Classica I at Babyuniverse.com. They have it for $89.99. Check out couponcraze, edealfinder, &/or a2zdeals.com. They usually have discounts for Babyuniverse. I just did a quick search on couponcraze and they have 2 that would work for you right now: 10% off (code: MAS91331) or $10 off $75+ (code: VISA1075). I don't know when these expire. Also, they had a free shipping with a purchase over $100 link.

I like the Colgate Classica, it is very snug in my daughter's crib (Pali Sabrina). Only downside is it is so snug I have to take off her bumper, then take out the mattress to put a sheet on without a struggle. However, this is a small price to pay for safety and the mattress is so light anyway, it is easy to do.