PDA

View Full Version : Pottery Barn Kids - Rocker

nywifey
06-13-2001, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have the lullaby rocker from Pottery Barn Kids? I'd fallen in love with it in the catalog but would love more info. They haven't openned a store in NY yet and the nearest one would be in PA. I think it's such a wonderful alternative to a glider. Looks so much more comfy!

kst
06-29-2001, 02:01 PM
hi, check out littlecastleinc. - they sell rocker club chairs too. Basic blue and white or pink and white stripe Royal design is the best!!

nywifey
07-02-2001, 08:32 AM
Thanks, but I checked out that site and they only sell children size rockers. The one I'm referring to in Pottery Barn Kids is an adult rocker.

Julie
07-05-2001, 05:56 PM
I just purchased this rocker -- they delivered within a week!!! I am expecting my first in September so I can not give you real world experience, but it is comfortable. The only thing that I noticed was that I would need a foot stool. Other than that, I think it is a good alternative to the glider.

2fine
07-06-2001, 09:30 PM
We have been looking at that rocker as well. Check out this website too...
www.roomandboard.com
they have 2 chairs (Rebecca/Riley) that are similiar, and $100 cheaper.
We are thinking about ordering from them. Never have sat in either chair, but they look great:)
Good luck.

aunt83me02
07-11-2001, 04:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-01 AT 03:34PM (Mountain)[p]My sister has a similar rocker. She has a glider in the baby's room that's not nearly as comfortable as the rocker in the living room. It's like an old-fashioned rocker, with the comfort of your favorite cushy chair:D After sitting in a chair like that, I would never buy a glider.

jocelynhayes
09-04-2001, 05:14 PM
I was just looking at the rocking chair at room and board and it is the same chair. The price difference is because the one from PBK includes the slipcover. Room and Board is charging $599 for the chair with a standard fabric plus $150 if you want to also purchase the slipcover. The benefit at Room and Board is they have a better selection of fabrics and there is no extra charge for a different fabric. If you want a different fabric than the chairs come in, you will have to wait 10 weeks. Otherwise, it ships quickly. If you live in Chicago or Denver area, you can even pick it up at their warehouse (and sit on it at their store) and not pay for any shipping (but you do pay sales tax). Otherwise shipping is $96 from Room and Board vs. $80 from PBK.

Hope this helps anyone decide on this chair.

Now, I have a question. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is?

babyjenna
09-05-2001, 08:08 PM
I've been eying this rocker and I went into Bobs Discount Furniture (CT, Mass, New Hampshire) today and they have a similar one in tons of fabrics you can pick from at $350. It has the same wood rocker bottom. I am very excited! I think the pottery barn chair is way overpriced.

stuk1
11-25-2001, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to repost a question that was asked earlier ... does any one know the manufacturer of the Pottery Barn Lullaby Rocker? Or does any one know the manufacturer of the similar rocker that is sold at Bob's Discount Furniture in the Northeast?

Zebra01
11-28-2001, 08:04 PM
I love that rocker too...but purchased the same rocker from Plow and Hearth for $399 vs. PBK's $799. They have great customer service and one of the designers even took off the $60 shipping charge for me. Just go to their website and search for the "cottage rocker." Good luck!

barbaracronin
11-29-2001, 01:36 PM
Two years ago I gave birth to my daughter Amy and six months ago we were blessed with twins, Steven and Joyce. I am sure I don't have to tell you the financial drain that we felt. I found myself obsessing over money and ways to find savings to stretch our budget. My sister-in-law told me about this program at: http://hk852.to/coupon that she joined and said she had saved a lot of money almost immediately. Realizing that I no longer had a second of spare time to search the internet for family savings I too joined this program. I have been a member for four months and in those four months I have saved $ 768.92 just in groceries! I cannot thank this company enough for offering this program. I hope that this news may help you also as it has helped my family and I!!

ma2be
12-10-2001, 07:41 PM
Do you know what the name of this rocker is at Bob's Furniture Store. I live in NYC and would like to call them to see if they have it before I head out to CT to the Bob's store. Thanks so much for letting us know about this. It's a huge savings!!

nycmomtobe
12-13-2001, 10:23 PM
I found a Sealy Rocker on the JC Penney website (www.jcpenney.com). It sells for $299. It comes in 4 colors (deep olive, deep plum, espresso, light sand). You can send away for free swatches.

ma2be
12-14-2001, 01:30 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I've been searching for this rocker at a lower price for such a long time!!! Thanks!

nycmomtobe
12-19-2001, 09:49 PM
JCPenney has a coupon for 15% off of furniture that ends today (12/19). The code is HOLIDON. I just ordered the rocker today.

mabuckles
01-02-2002, 03:35 PM
I was considering buying this rocker as well. Seems like a really good deal. Can you let me know whether you like it once you receive it? It makes me a little nervous to order it sight unseen.

Thanks!

Melissa

nycmomtobe
01-05-2002, 05:54 PM
I ordered the Sealy Rocker in Light Sand. It is backordered until mid-January. They let you return if you don't like it. I'll let you know what I think when I receive it.

rosteve
01-08-2002, 03:53 PM
I checked with all the JCPenny stores in my area and none stock it, so we'd have to buy it sight unseen too - I'll be intersted in any views you have on it when it shows up. We hate buying furniture without even sitting in it.
BTW in speaking with the JCPenny people at their 800 number they said that we'd have to pay return shipping if we don't like it, (they said approx $30 - but I suspect more) and we only have 7 days to decide this. As an alternative to home delivery though, they will deliver to a store and you can pick it up there and if you don't like the chair, return it to the, so that might help if you've got a wagon, pickup or suv.

nycmomtobe
01-09-2002, 05:06 PM
JCPenney called me and it is ready to picked up after this Thursday (1/10). We are going to pick it up this weekend and if I don't like it I'll return it on the spot. I was debating buying it without trying it out but since they have a return policy on furniture I gambled. I'll post my review on Monday.

nycmomtobe
01-14-2002, 01:42 PM
We picked up the rocker on Friday and I love it. It's very comfortable and I think a good bargain for the price. We don't have a SUV, so it was hanging out of the trunk, tied up with rope. We live a 5-minute drive away, so it wasn't too bad. I ordered the rocker in Light Sand, which is very light but it matches everything. I have it covered right now with a blanket. I would recommend the Dark Olive or the Espresso for a darker color.

FYI...While I was at the catalog desk, I found that JCPenney sells another similar chair rocker by Accents Furniture for $329 and there are more color choices (Navy, Burgandy, etc.) in a different type of fabric. But they didn't have the Sealy Rocker in the catalog. If you have any other questions, reply back.

rosteve
01-14-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the initial review - can you answer a couple of extra things?
1st - do any of the covers come off?
2nd - how firm is it? (scale of 1 - 10?)
3rd - How large is it - do your feet touch the floor? How deep is the seat? How hight is the back? The pictures give no refernce to judge it.

Im glad your comments sound so positive about it - it seems that we'll order this week.

Thanks also for doing the footwork here.

ma2be
01-14-2002, 07:07 PM
Which JCPenny's did you get it from. Im in NYC too and don't know where there is one.

Thanks!

nycmomtobe
01-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Actually, I now live in Jersey City. There is a JCPenney in Newport Center Mall (not too far from the Holland Tunnel).

nycmomtobe
01-17-2002, 12:05 AM
1st - do any of the covers come off?
It doesn't have a cover like the Pottery Barn Chair, so it's not washable. Again, the Light Sand is a light color - so I cover the chair right now. I maybe would have gone with the Dark Olive. The Sealy Rocker looks more like the chair on the Plow & Hearth website. http://www.plowhearth.com

2nd - how firm is it? (scale of 1 - 10?) 7 - Pretty firm

3rd - How large is it - do your feet touch the floor?
The dimensions are 35"x35"x37"high. My feet touch the floor-I'm 5'4".
How deep is the seat? It's deep. But, you don't sink into the seat.
How high is the back? 23"

So far I'm happy with the chair. If you have any other questions, let me know.

cglow9
01-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Just stumbled across a code for 20% off regularly priced merchandise at JC Penny. It is NMT49, and is good through 1/20/02.

Found it at http://www.flamingoworld.com/main.php, click on 'Accessories' (I think) and it lists all the promo codes for a variety of stores. Just scroll down to JC Penny.

So to test it, I attempted to order one of these rockers online, and it works! Dropped the price from $299 to $239.20. Now the big question - if I also apply for a JC Penny credit card, do I get an additional 10-15% off? ;)

rosteve
01-18-2002, 02:04 PM
If you are having trouble getting the link to work, just delete the /main.php section and it'll take you to the main page.
http://www.flamingoworld.com

maura
01-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to post another option. Little castle is getting into the business of adult rockers and gliders. they offer a chair that looks just like the pottery barn rocker but it glides and had a beautiful array of fabrics. I sat in it in a store and loved it! I think we are going to go that way instead ofthe dutalier because when the children are grown, the chair will transition easier into another room in the house and not look somuch like a nursery glider.

maura
01-31-2002, 04:49 PM
actually Littl Castle does sell adult size also - rockers and gliders that look and feel just like the pottery barn ones - but a couple hundred less and you pick the fabric - i sat in both and thought they were equal in quality. - some children's specialty shops will sell just the children's size and some sell both children's and adult

jnine
02-08-2002, 11:02 AM
I was wondering if you could tell me how easily the arm chair rocker from JC Penney rocks. I tested some other brands in furniture stores before ordering the Penney rocker, but found that they did not have much rocking motion and that they were hard to rock. Could you tell me how the Penney rocker rocks??

nycmomtobe
02-13-2002, 02:58 PM
It does not rock like a regular wooden rocker. But that's the reason I like it. I don't like how much motion a regular rocker has. It is probably very similar to the ones you tested in the store (it is made by Sealy).

seven2skip
02-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Hi,
Has anyone actually seen in person either the Plow and Hearth rocker or the Sealy Rocker (both have been mentioned under this Lullaby rocker heading). They both sound great, but its hard to say which is better from the internet picture. If anyone has sat in either and can tell me which is more comfortable and which is better made I would appreciate it. Please email me ASAP !! [email protected]

seven2skip
04-01-2002, 02:06 AM
Just to let you all know, JCPenney no longer carries the Sealy Rocker online, or from their catalog - they discontinued it completely. So I guess the Plow and Hearth Cottage Rocker is the only one comparable in that price range...

nywifey
04-01-2002, 02:22 AM
No, they don't have the Sealy, but they do have the "Upholstered Rocker" for $329 on their site, which is very nice as well.