PDA

View Full Version : travel toddler bed

aunt83me02
06-26-2001, 07:13 PM
My nephew is 2.5 years old, he's around 40in. tall. He's too big for his pack'n play or a portable crib. Does anyone have any suggestions? He has some medical problems and for various reasons we don't want to put him on the floor. The last time he visited we used a port-a-crib mattress with some pillows at his feet to make it long enough, but that was kind of a pain. Comfortliving has the "Travel-N-Trundle" portable toddler bed. Has anyone ever heard of it? We don't really want to spend more than $50 or $60. Help!

triangle
07-03-2001, 10:50 PM
I had a friend come visit recently with their 2 1/2 year old and they used an inflatable mattress made for kids. It wasn't very big (they flew it across the country) and it inflated and deflated in a minute or two. My friend says she loves it - I think she got it from the Frontgate catalog but it may cost more than $60. It is strong enough for her or her husband to cuddle with their son on it. (She also used it to make the transition from crib to twin bed since it was only about 10 inches off the ground.)

kbaer
07-09-2001, 01:42 PM
My family travels A LOT and we have used the travel trundle from Perfectly Safe catalogue since our daughter was 20 months. We love it! It travels like a sleeping bag and sets up in minutes. A few caveats:A) It is on the floor, so we've added thick blankets beneath when extra warmth or a hard floor was an issue. B) Our daughter doesn't get out and wander from it, so consider its EASY-OUT access if you've got a wandering child. We bought it for around $60 and I didn't even like paying that much, but we have used it well and been VERY pleased with it's excellent durability. Still looks brand new nearly two years later! Our daughter knows it is her bed and uses it for everything from a "sleepover" at home to camping to cruises and beyond. Highly recommended!

allie
07-13-2001, 10:09 PM
Try the Travel and Trundle for $60 in the One Step Ahead catalog, or @ onestepahead.com. I have a bed that I like very much called the Imaginair youth bed that's basically a smaller inflatible mattress with raised edges, but at about $110 it's probably more than you want to spend. Hope that helps!