PDA

View Full Version : Morigeau & Berg Cribs?

LindaBrett
06-30-2001, 10:01 AM
We've been looking and have found 2 cribs we really like - A Morigeau sleigh & a Berg Mountain Collection. We're looking for anyone with either for comparisons.

The Morigeau is solid and well-made. But the catch clicks VERY loudly! The reviews in the book talk about how quiet they are so we don't know if it was just the samples in that store or if they're all that way.

The Berg is also very solid, beautifully made and is very quiet to boot. Hubby really likes this one but I'd like to find anyone with a Morigeau to compare. Thanks!

Poohlvr
07-06-2001, 08:34 PM
I saw the Berg Mountain crib on their website and absolutely love it! I was wondering what store you were able to find it in? I'd really like to see it in person.

Thanks!

LindaBrett
07-07-2001, 08:34 AM
We live in No Virginia and we found it in the Manassas area at Baby 2 Teen. It looks better in person and this one was put together very well and felt solid. Good luck!

AugBaby
07-07-2001, 10:24 PM
We recently purchased a Morigeau crib for our baby who's due in a couple of weeks. Both the crib in the store and ours have very quiet releases. We were considering other brands of cribs and ended up with this one because it felt so solid and was so well made. From our crib hunting experience, it did seem that some stores did a much better job of putting together cribs than others. We saw several cribs by other makers which seemed noisy or shaky in one store and great in another.

Poohlvr
07-09-2001, 06:53 PM
Hi, it's me again!

I also live in VA, and found the Mountain crib at USA Baby. They listed the price at $599 on sale for $459. Now in Baby Bargains it says that the cribs range from 359 to 459. So, this seems more like they raised the price and then said it was on sale. I was just wondering if these prices were similar to what you saw when you looked at the crib?

Thanks,

Jennifer

LindaBrett
07-10-2001, 08:32 PM
Baby2Teen in Manassas had the crib for $349! (they're off Rt28 - check their webpage for directions)

pulanch
10-22-2001, 07:34 PM
My wife and I are in the same situation. We really liked the Berg Mountain collection (on sale at Planet Baby in Canton, MI). It was very quiet. The Morigeau is one of the loudest cribs that we've come across and there were many on display. All of them were loud. We only wish the Berg Mountain crib had casters.

Has anyone else noticed this besides LindaBrett and us?