PDA

View Full Version : Delta Justin cribs vs. Babi Italia/Pali

ErinW
07-13-2001, 08:14 PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Delta cribs (the Justin(e) model currently on sale at Sears). It seems like a good value but the release was sticky - even the salesperson had a hard time getting it up and down.

Later I went to BRUs and looked at the Babi Italia cribs, per their recommendation in the Baby Bargains book. They seemed sturdier and smoother to operate than the Delta model and I was considering the Victoria Sleigh model (though the drawers were sticky). But, after reading so many negative comments about Babi Italia and BRUs I'm staring to think twice. Not to mention that BRUs said it could take at least 12 wks for delivery (I'm due in early October). The Delta models are already in stock at Sears.

I've also considered Pali cribs. Would it be worth it to pay a little extra money for one of the basic Pali models (such as the "Katie") rather than to trust BRU? Or would I be just as happy with the Delta model?

Thanks!

Mabbster
07-13-2001, 09:57 PM
We received a Delta crib for our first baby as a gift and ended up buying a Simmons once he was 8 months old. The quality of Delta cribs just is'nt there. The rail release broke into two pieces and the mattress support was a good piece of wood, but the clips securing it to the crib were less than sturdy. I would REALLY recommend taking a pass on Delta's products. The Simmons worked great and has served my 2 babies and my nephew. It still looks great.

Mabbster