PDA

View Full Version : Quick delivery of cribs at Sears.com

lmdean17
07-17-2001, 02:26 PM
I chose a Simmons crib based on ratings in the Baby Bairgains Book. It was a Sears exclusive. When I went to order it in the Sears store, they said it would take 10 weeks to come in. I went home, logged onto www.sears.com, and located the Karissa crib I wanted. It said that it shipped in 2-3 days. Just to make sure, I called the 800 number and was told that in fact, the crib was in stock and I would have it in less than 10 days.

I placed the order on Saturday, and today (Tuesday) I got a shipment confirmation e-mail with a UPS tracking number. UPS says it will be here on Friday.

So if you're trying to avoid waiting up to 10 weeks for a crib (at least at Sears), check out their website. I found the service to be excellent.

RTB70
07-19-2001, 10:28 AM
I had the EXACT same experience. My visits to the Sears stores were very frustrating and filled w/misinformation and inconveniences (the ones here won't ship, and we ordered a crib, combo changer/dresser, and hutch...not stuff we can put in the back of a station wagon!). I checked on their web site, then called the 1-800-MY-SEARS # on Saturday night. I got great service, reasonable prices (everything was on sale!), and my crib will be here tomorrow...less than a week after I'd ordered it.