PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Positioners

laf0998
07-22-2001, 11:59 AM
Help, I've spoken with so many people who swear that these things are a must have. I want to careful and take every precaution with our new child, but the book said that these were just a waste of money. The book did mention that some of these are actually dangerous, which ones? If I were to get one which one would should it be? Any help would be really appreciated.

alandenisefields
07-23-2001, 02:19 PM
Actually, we didn't say the sleep positioners were dangerous----just a waste of money. What we thought were dangerous were the SIDS prevention products (like special mattresses) recalled by the CPSC for being ineffective!

There is not one sleep positioiner we recommend.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

laf0998
07-23-2001, 04:43 PM
Thank you for reading my note, I apologize for misunderstanding what was written in the book.

MonsterMom2
07-26-2001, 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-01 AT 08:39PM (Mountain)[p]I used a sleep positioner when my preemie son came home @ 4.5 pounds. It helped to keep his blanket swaddled and he seemed to feel more cozy. At the hospital they use a bendy thing around the babies for that purpose. When his twin brother came home 5 months later at 8 pounds, we used it for him. If you have a small, inactive sleeper it may help to settle him, but I agree that as far as SIDS prevention it is probably a waste of money.

Just an afterthought- you can get a good deal at a second hand store like Once Upon a Child or through a local Mothers of Twins Club sale.