PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Cribs

ebbycat
07-25-2001, 09:51 PM
I'm considering purchasing a Legacy crib and wondered if anyone has any experience good or bad with one. I'm trying to decide between a Pali, Ragazzi, and Legacy. I know Pali and Ragazzi have received overall favorable reviews from readers. But nothing on Legacy...

triangle
08-02-2001, 12:51 AM
I'm in the same situation. I'm deciding between a Pali and a Legacy crib but I think the Legacy is a better color match with the other furniture I want to get. I know Pali seems to be well-liked (as long as it arrives on time), but what is everyone's experience with Legacy cribs?

edieb
08-27-2001, 09:12 PM
My husband liked the Legacy crib the best because of the style and the way it was made (hidden hardware). We noticed that although the Pali cribs that we liked had hidden hardware, it had an exposed groove while the side was down. Not sure if that's a big deal, but my hubby didn't like it. The Legacy also appeared to be better constructed than those at Babies R Us and Burlington Coat Factory. We bought the Legacy at a local baby store because they were on sale and had some in stock. We spent $399 on it (a little more than I wanted to, but it feels like it's going to last for potential baby #2). Hubby said that assembly was easy. It looks great and feels sturdy. Don't have any wear and tear data yet, since the baby is due in October. I hope that helps!

Amy in Ohio
09-24-2001, 10:56 AM
Our son just got our of his Legacy crib. We spent about $300 on a shaker crib from Furnitureland South in North Carolina. We liked it a lot and have not had any problems w/it. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a crib that my son would use for 3 years max, although our second child will use the same crib.

TaraNY
09-24-2001, 01:33 PM
We just got a Legacy sleigh crib and it is simply beautiful. It was fairly easy to assemble and seems very, very sturdy. The side drop works very nicely, too, and we love the fact that the hardware is hidden. It wasn't cheap - $625 with tax - but it should last through any and all children we end up having.