PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier gliders--any catalogs?

MaKetels
07-28-2001, 08:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-01 AT 07:27AM (Mountain)[p]Hi all! I'm a little overwhelmed (about life in general, my pregnancy, and lately the selection of gliders...). Does anyone know if Dutailier (or anyone) makes a catalog for the complete line of their gliders? There are so many options, I'm really having a hard time narrowing things down. I'd prefer a catalog, because it's easier for me to flip back and forth to compare features, etc.
Does anyone have other suggestions? How did you decide which model you want? (I know I want a Dutailier, so there's ONE decision down!)
Also, I'd like to try some out in person-- does anyone know of any stores (chains), other than The Right Start, that retails Dutailier?
Thanks for your input! Elin

kbuckard
07-29-2001, 08:34 PM
i tried out the dutailier gliders at both babier r us, buy buy baby and great beginnings. they each had a large selection of at least their most popular models. they also all had fabric swatches to look through.

unfortunately, i hated all of the fabric choices. our glider will be in our living room and i thought the choices were quite ugly. we ended up purchasing our glider from www.goodnightben.com which had a much larger selection of fabrics than anyone else as well as great prices. they were great to deal with, no shipping costs and our glider was supposed to be here in early september and we got a message that it was shipped last wednesday. so we are very happy with them.

sorry, i don't know of any catalogs, but good night ben had all the models on their site to look at.

good luck.

holland2
07-30-2001, 07:35 AM
I am not sure how you can get a catalogue.

I tried out the rockers at Buy buy Baby, Great Beginnings and BRU. The fabric choices were vast. But for an additional $50 I think you can provide them with your own fabric.
I would stick to the Dutailier brand as I found it to be most durable.

Furthermore, if you like the fabric and can pick out the style you want, I would order it via Canada as suggested by the book as you end up saving about $100. AND the service was excellent!!!!

rainanoelle
07-30-2001, 10:10 AM
I am afraid I've never seen a hard-copy catalogue of Dutailier, but you might try checking local furniture stores and see if they have one. I'd not suggest buying a glider from a furniture store though, as the prices will likely be MUCH higher. The way I chose my glider was to try them out...any I saw in *any* store. =) From that experience I decided that Dutailier was the most comfortable, Shermag felt like they designed it so I'd sit perfectly upright and stiff-backed, and the others didn't even compare.

As for the model, I found most of the Dutailiers to be similarly comfortable, but I liked the large cushions and styling of the Large Round Back (w/the multiposition lock feature), so that's what I went with. I knew we wanted natural wood to match the crib etc we are getting, and I wanted a neutral fabric that would go with anything, but not so light as to show dirt easy, so I went with a patterned neutral fabric (fabric #530 http://www.goodnightben.com/dutailierfabrics512_555.htm ).

Some retail stores where I've found Dutailier include Babies-R-Us, Burlington Coat Factory/Baby Depot, a few at USA Baby as well as the occassional high-priced baby boutique.

I know its not the same thing, but you can check out an online catalogue at http://www.goodnightben.com (that is the site where the fabric swatch I referenced above is at). Just so you know, as with any paint or fabric the colour on a big object always seems to look significantly lighter than the swatch, so be sure to keep that in mind when you choose. =) They also have great prices and the VERY best service I've found as well (you can search for "Dutailier" on this bulletin board and find a few articles on this).

Btw, I *do* recommend getting the nursing ottoman if you plan to get an ottoman at all. They're not that much more $$$ than a regular one, and the convenience of having a built-in solid footrest is a definate plus!

If it would be helpful, drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll email you some photos of my glider/ottoman. Best of luck to you in your search!

Raina

VickieG
08-02-2001, 12:37 AM
Just to give you some more advice. When I was choosing a Dutailier glider 3 years ago, I called the company and they gave me a reps name and phone number. After picking his brain, he then gave me stores in my area that carry Dutailier. Babies R Us has slim pickings of fabric, etc. We didn't go with them, we went to another baby store in our area that isn't a chain. We did have to wait about 3 months to get our glider, but we did choose our style, color of wood, and fabric. Good luck and hopefully this helps.

Stephanie
08-06-2001, 07:08 PM
I shopped around a lot for gliders--mostly comparing everything I saw with Dutailier. As another poster mentioned, the BEST website for Dutailier is Good Night Ben (www.goodnightben.com). I happened to catch their special & saved $40. That savings plus their great prices allowed me to upgrade my style & then I splurged on an ottoman. Best of all, no taxes & free shipping. Their service is EXCEPTIONAL!