PDA

View Full Version : Bonavita crib/knee stuck in between slats

lori
07-31-2001, 08:59 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with any of their children getting their leg/knee stuck between the slats of the crib? My 20 month old daughter keeps putting her leg through and then is not able to pull her knee out.

sarsah
08-22-2001, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure this is what you mean, but my now 15 month old son has had his leg stuck between the crib slats several times. What happens is that he sticks his leg between the slats and then turns it (rolling over, etc.). Then, he pulls his leg, but can't get it out from between the slats. I have to go in, calm him down and turn his leg so it fits back through the slats. Sometimes he ends up with red marks on his leg, but nothing more serious than that.
We have a Simmons crib and this is about the only problem we have had with it.

MJK
08-30-2001, 09:52 PM
Yes, my 9 month did the same thing. Unfortunately it interrupts her naps but we asked the baby store personnel if they sold anything to prevent this and they do not as far as anyone I spoke knows. She hasn't done any real harm yet and hopefully won't. I also email Babi Italia to inform them of this problem so with a GREAT deal of luck the industry may acknowledge this problem and solve it in the future.

ecarley
09-21-2001, 11:01 AM
I don't think this is a problem with your specific crib; it's inherent in how all cribs are designed. My daughter has done it a couple times in her Simmons crib. Although it frightens them and causes some terrible screams, I can't see that it's truly dangerous.

Do you have a bumper? We don't and a bumper would have probably prevented it.