PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good deal on a glider/rocker chair

ivyts
08-26-2001, 07:15 PM
I'm currently on the search for a glider/rocker chair. I feel like I've looked all over the internet and all over town. ( I live in Dallas,TX). I don't want to spend a fortune for a glider chair (under $300) and can't wait 10-12 weeks for delivery (my baby is due in 9 weeks probably sooner). What I'm looking for is something in a natural finish with a neutral fabric. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Thanks,

Ivy

TaraNY
08-27-2001, 07:34 AM
I was in The Right Start in King of Prussia, PA this weekend and they had a Dutailier brand glider for under $200! If you have one of these stores near you, you might want to check it out. They might also have a website, but I didn't think to look for that.

mary b
08-27-2001, 11:55 AM
Try goodnightben.com. I had great luck with them on a Dutalier rocker. They did tell me it might take 8-10 but I got it in 4 weeks. They are very helpful and the rocker looks great.

tigalig
08-29-2001, 01:07 PM
I would also check goodnightben.com They told me that the glider I ordered would be six weeks (because it's not a fancy one) and it arrived in three weeks! I have also heard that sometimes Sears or Service Merchandise carry reasonably priced gliders.

Good luck to you and congratulations!

Ida U.

KimHasler
09-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Hi Ivy,
I feel your pain! I, too looked around for what seemed like forever to find a glider that didn't break our budget. I ended up buying a Dutailier glider from a store called Baby Furniture Outlet (www.babyfurnitureoutlet.com). They are a Canadian company so the exchange rate is definitely in our favor (I live in Chicago). They were so helpful and friendly! What I did was go to a local baby store and looked through the Dutailier catalogs (most web sites, including the above don't show all their selections) and picked out a few that I liked and then I called up these guys and they gave me pricing, etc. I ended up saving over $300 for both the glider and ottoman!(I bought more of their top of the line model with recliner, but of course they have less expensive selections to choose from)

Good luck!!
Kim

eisens
09-07-2001, 12:14 PM
If you don't want to buy "used" (e.g., consignment shop) I have a great idea for you. Check out on the web for exactly what you want. Once you know, including model numbers and color selection, and then call out High Point, NC.

This is what I did. I got all the info on Dutalier on a Baby web site (BCA?) and then called places in NC that sell wholesale to the public. I saved 50% over the best internet price -- and got mine in leather.