PDA

View Full Version : Babi Italia & Babies R Us - bad service so far!

Elaine
08-27-2001, 01:08 PM
Let me vent!!!! Yesterday we purchased a Babi Italia crib (Westgate Grace) at Babies R Us. It was one they had in stock -- trying to get any information from the salespeople as to "special orders" was useless, and we liked this crib well enough, and know Babi Italia is ranked as pretty high quality, so...

Well, we got the crib home and opened the box. One of the stabilizer bars is broken, the toddler-bed conversion set is missing, and there was no warranty or product registration information in the box (I specifically asked the BRU salesperson about this and she assured me the B-I cribs had that info in the box).

We were hoping to just have the damaged/missing parts sent to us. I called BRU this morning and was told, no they can't do that, we have to bring back the whole crib. We live 40 miles from the store, so we aren't too keen on having to try and repackage everything and take it all back. I said, "What if we get a new one and have the same problem?" The genius replied "Oh, that shouldn't happen." Excuse me, but it "shouldn't" have happened this time and did....??? They also had no info to give me on a local B-I rep to contact.

I then called the Babi Italia (Bonavita) head office and got an answering machine telling me to leave a detailed message, which I did. That was over 4 hours ago. I tried calling again, got the same recorded message. Does anyone know if there are actually people listening to the messages or is it their way of passing the buck?

This kind of non-service really ticks me off! In fact, I went against my better judgment buying at BRU at all because I have never been impressed with their salespeople in the first place. I sincerely hope the situation improves, but at this point I am not impressed with either BRU or Babi Italia.