PDA

View Full Version : Metal crib?

HOBSON725
08-29-2001, 04:14 PM
Has anyone ever used or is using the metal cribs from COSCO (or other brands perhaps)? I found one at our KMART for $79 and was wondering if it would be worth our time and money to get that one, or the Delta at Toys R Us(this one is NOT metal, but a Jenny Lind style) for $109? Please give me your suggestions. Thanks

Gidge
09-16-2001, 07:11 PM
I have a metal (pipe) crib coated in white paint. I had no problem using it with my first child 5 years ago.It was a sinch to assemble as well. I have kept it and have set it up again and will be using it for the baby in my belly. I had no problems with it and I would suggest as the child gets bigger to recheck all the screws to check for them coming loose. I would suggest this for any crib because of the childs activities. I have a thing against wood (splinters, kid chewing) and that it will wiggle loose. You can get a nice metal changing tables too. I use mine now to store the older ones toys on in milk crates and will be using only the top this time around for the baby. My crib is either Graco or Cosco, not sure which. I got my mattress (spring type) from Sears, I was not intrested in the foam mattresses they had for sale there at k-mart and wal-mart. It is still in excellant condition as well. When it comes to price, I think sometimes you are buying the fancy woodwork/metalwork or name brand.