PDA

View Full Version : Pine cribs/furniture

SwissHeidi
09-25-2001, 11:17 AM
Hi - I found a Berg crib and dresser from their Mountain Collection at USA Baby. In the topic post by ann rhee "berg crib" below no one seems to know very much about this Berg's history of durability. Like the other posters I was impressed with how it looks and it seemed very sturdy.

The one thing that concerns me is that it is made out of pine wood rather than a hard wood (maple, oak, etc.) I would like to use this crib for anywhere from 3-4 kids in the future. So I am concerned about it getting dented and scratched and looking beat up because it is pine (a soft wood). Any opinions on pine furniture would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Heidi
edd #1 12/13
Heidi
edd 12/13/2001

Eliz
10-22-2001, 02:39 PM
Heidi, I just posted a similar answer on the other Berg crib entry. Just to let you know, I'm a designer who used to sell high end custom wood cabinetry and built ins. If you are worried about dents and scratches do not buy pine. It will get damaged. A lot of places only sell pine that is distressed so it already looks old, then any small dents will blend in. I have the Berg sleigh crib and like that it looks old fashioned. I'm hoping it will get an "antique" look in a couple of years. But I would never let a customer buy pine who wanted it to stay looking new.