PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Bears Baby Furniture

Morgansmom
10-09-2001, 10:29 AM
I have written to Denise & Alan Fields about this website before but I just want to reiterate my warning for all those expectant parents out there.

DO NOT buy anything from a website called www.friendlybearsbabystore.com. I noticed that someone had also posted about a horrible experience with them and I want to warn people too of our terrible experience.

I fell in love with the Morigeau/Lepine line of cribs and was desperate to save some money so at the suggestion of the Baby Bargains book, I went looking for it in Canada. We found one website that was willing to ship to our area. We sent a money order to this guy (David Dennis) as a downpayment because he said he didn't accept VISA (mistake #1) for $488.20. He had given us references and they turned out fine so we figured we could trust this guy. Turns out that he had filed for bankruptcy and had never even processed our crib order - and I was due in a few weeks! Needless to say, he never returned our phone calls, emails or faxes - not to mention our $$$. His website is still up and running and I just don't want this guy making a single dime off another unsuspecting person! I am still so enraged by this whole deal that I have vowed to warn anyone and everyone about this guy!

Thanks and good luck finding the crib you want!

P.S. He even told us at one point that he had borrowed the money from his MOTHER and was going to send us a check! The nerve!

Karsty
10-18-2001, 03:19 PM
I am really sad about this. See, Friendly Bears was a store that originated in my city (Winnipeg, MB). Apparently, they recently sold off the e-business part and changed their name. The actual store - which is WONDERFUL - is now called E-children and their number is (204)942-1237. I don't know if they take phone orders.

They are THE source of children's furniture in Winnipeg.

What a horrible shame that the guy who took over the internet site is such a louse. Completely ruining their name.

shall85296
02-07-2002, 04:54 PM
I am so glad that I saw your message. Friendly Bears Baby Furniture online is STILL taking orders. In fact I received quote for some Morigeau from them a week ago.
I also discovered that e-children has their own website now at:
echildrenonline.com, and their quote was actually cheaper than FBBF.