PDA

View Full Version : Just bought nursery furniture from USA Baby

jodels
10-21-2001, 10:57 AM
Hi all:

My hubby and I went to look at a Child Craft 3 piece set--dresser, crib and changing table--- on sale for 950---600 dollars off the retail price. Unfortunately, we were not impressed by the quality. The drawers had little holes & dings in the wood and the manufacturer just filled it in and polished over it! The managers of USA Baby (who do not work on commission)say that Child Craft deems this "acceptable" and will not replace it! Also the crib had plastic hinges that just looked cheap and didn't slide down smoothly. It was obvious that Child Craft wanted to discard this set and put it on sale.

Instead of that set, we found a shaker style five drawer dresser and changing table/dresser combo(Style # 9000) by a Canadian company called Mother Hubbard's Cupboards and found that the styling and quality was superior over Child Craft---they are highly regarded to be of comparable quality to Ragazzi in the industry, but less expensive. We included a three hundred dollar Pali crib with a drawer, and the price for these three pieces were 200 dollars more than the Child Craft set on sale. To us, it is worth the extra $$$.
I can buy a discount designer wedding dress for 300 bucks but I can't skimp on our children! :)

Just wanted to tell you some stuff I had learned from an aquaintance who happens to own the USA Baby store in my area.

First, if you are planning to buy the "venezia" stoller from Peg Perego wait until late November when the new model comes out. Instead of snaps, it has zippers (which I like). If you don't mind the snaps definitely purchase the 2001 model---the smaller chains will have good markdowns!

Also, the Prima Pappa high chair has been upgraded after its recent recall and the word in the baby industry is that it is even better than the Chicco Mamma! It has a higher back to the seat and comes in that leatherette material. Also, it has a double tray.

Hope this helps someone...thanks for helping us!!!