PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning glider cushions

twins r fun
08-04-2002, 06:44 PM
One of our babies threw up all over our glider. There's no cleaning instructions on the pad. I've surface washed it with carpet/upholstrey cleaner but I feel like it's still not clean. I think the cushion underneath the cover is probably dirty, too. The seat cushion unzips, but not the back or the arms (it got everywhere-yuck!). I'm sure this has happened to others. Any suggestions for getting it really clean?

Nicole

ecarley
08-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Do you know the manufacturer? If it's a Dutailier, you can send an email to [email protected] or fill out this form: http://www.dutailier.com/en/commentaires.html

YOu can also take the cushion to a dry cleaner and see what they recommend. They can probably tell you if you can use water to clean it. If you can use water, try dissolving some Oxi-clean in some HOT water, and let it cool for a bit. Then use an old toothbrush to see if you can get the color out. Use a wet washcloth to get out as much of it as you can.

Best of luck!

SylviaC
08-23-2002, 01:01 AM
Total projectile vomit at 9pm. Gross. This is way late in response to your post but perhaps other will benefit...
I have a dutalier and can't for the life of me remember where I have the tags that came with it and there was no way I was waiting until the am to call the manufacturer.
I took the pads off and hauled them over to the laundry sink. HOT water and scrubbing with my fingers and wringing out the suds by hand was how I cleaned them. Then I jammed them in the washer for the spin cycle to try to get out most of the water and then let them drip dry over the nx day. They look fine now and smell great.
I have no idea if that is the right way but it worked for me. Hopefully I (or you) won't have to do that again anytime soon ;-)
Cheers'
Sylvia