PDA

View Full Version : Lap Pads?

lrgeller
08-15-2002, 12:06 PM
I am looking for those pads to put under the baby on the changing table - I have seen some that are waterproof on the side and soft fabric on the other but don't know where to find them. Any ideas?

Momof3Labs
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Have you tried Babies R Us? I got some from there that sound like what you are looking for.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

megsmom
08-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I found mine at Target. A lifesaver by the way in the early days as my child loved to pee and poop while I was changing her. It absorbed the fluid and didn't let it just run off like a plain plastic mat would.

mamahill
08-15-2002, 08:06 PM
My mom bought some at Macy's when they were having a baby sale. I think they were Carter's. They are soft on both sides, but waterproof somehow. I used them under DD's head in her crib in the beginning because she tended to spit up a lot in the night, and it's a lot easier to pull it out and put down another one than to change sheets in the middle of the night!

Melanie
08-16-2002, 10:27 AM
I've seem them at Babies R Us, Mervyn's & Ross. We bought some, and only ever used them once, so I wouldn't go overboard until you are sure you need them.

Mommy to Jonah

laura_winckler
08-16-2002, 09:35 PM
We used the Carter's brand from Babies R' Us. I preferred the bassinet size pads to the lap pads and we used them in the crib, bassinet, and on the changing table. It saved us from having to change the sheets as often, and the bigger size helps with drool and spit up in the night as well as diaper leaks.

ecarley
08-22-2002, 09:40 PM
I got mine at Target. They'll be with the individual hanging packages of crib and bassinet sheets. The samllest are 16 inches or so square; then there are "bassinet" size, which will fit a changing table. The extra large are big enough to cover an entire crib mattress.

The best advice I've heard is to alternate large ones with crib sheets on the mattress. So when you have to do a late-night sheet change (there will be some, sorry to say) all you'll need to do is whip off the messy sheet and pad, and you'll have a fresh sheet underneath. And the extra layers of sheets help the mattress fit even tighter in the crib.

I also carry one whenever we stay overnight elsewhere to protect the bed where I change the baby.

As you shop for them, keep in mind that these pads can be cut with scrissors, just like fabric. So buying a large one and cutting it up might be a better deal than buying a pair of smaller ones.

rock
09-02-2002, 01:22 PM
FYI: I bought a package of white ones at Babies R' Us. They do clean well, especially with "organic" spot remover for tough spots and then thrown in the wash.