PDA

View Full Version : Wall decorations...

denise1111
09-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Has anybody found any unique/interesting/original ideas for the nursery walls?
There's got to be something funner to look at than wallpaper and posters.
***Denise***

angusmom
09-03-2002, 03:23 PM
Since you aren't supposed to have soft bedding with Baby in the crib, one trend is to hang the quilt from your crib set (or any quilt, I suppose) up on the wall, using quilt clips or a quilt/comforter bar designed for that purpose.

Murals are also "in" now - some companies like Priss Prints and now I think even Kidsline are doing self-stick or paste up murals.

suzska
09-03-2002, 08:00 PM
We discussed some of this under the "Naked Crib" thread elsewhere on the nursery board. Take a look there ('cause I really don't feel like typing in all my ideas again--hope you understand!) ;-)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/240.html

nitaghei
09-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Here's my idea - which is definitely NOT for everyone:).
I commissioned a series of fun little watercolors of dogs - cockers and portugese water dogs - I have 4 (watercolors, that is; only 2 dogs).The watercolors aren't expensive - about $10-$15 each, and another $15 or so to frame.
I'm a dog person (show in obedience, involved in rescue, therapy etc) - and I HATE licensed character- so this works for me (need to start brainwashing the kid about dogs from day one):).

If you want to see what they look like, go to www.katewerk.com, and look under canine art.

Nita
(expecting our first 01/14/03)

Momof3Labs
09-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Nita,

Thanks for sharing this site!! We are heavily involved in Lab rescue and decided to do the baby's room in puppies but also didn't want the cartoon characters. I found a wallpaper border with photos of Lab puppies and we are working with that. I think that I am going to order her Lab watercolors - if they don't work in the baby's room, we can always donate them to our rescue group!

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

nitaghei
09-05-2002, 07:52 AM
Lori,
Kate also will do the watercolors on request. I wanted a single trotting Portie in a retriever clip - and she's doing one for me. I love her stuff - I gave one of her watercolors to my husband for his office. Just remember, they are quite small.
And they are a great way to fundraise for rescue!
You're lucky you have labs - there's so much stuff out there!! Try to find anything with PWDs! Even cocker stuff is hard to find.
Have you checked out Stephen Huneck's lithographs and prints? More expensive - but I think he does have some with labs. I saw them originally in the catalog "In the Company of Dogs", but he also has his own website - I don't remember the URL, but I just found it with a Google search.

Nita
(expecting our first on 01/14/03)

atlmom
09-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Our bedding has kites in it, so I bought some colorful kites and hung them on the walls. They are colorful and with the long tails, take up a good deal of wall space.

My neighbor has a little girl and bought ballet tutu's and has them hanging around the walls at the ceiling. It's really cute.

Rion
09-10-2002, 06:24 PM
on this site:
http://mariesmanor.hotusa.org/index.html

luvbeinmama
09-17-2002, 06:15 PM
Just a note about the Priss Prints wall decorations. These are the self-stick, removable decorations you can find at BRU & TRU (and probably some other places). Anyway, I got 2 sets for DS's walls (Transportation & alphabet) and after 2 years, we just took them down and re-stuck them in DS's NEW big boy room (little sis, due in 4 wks, is getting the nursery). This worked wonderfully, and not a problem at all in re-sticking them. So, big hurrahs from me for Priss Prints!

ScrapNancy
09-17-2002, 09:33 PM
They also carry items like this in the baby department of my local Wal-Mart. They look so great but we can't put them up because we have textured walls! Bummer.

Nancy, due 5/16/03

suzska
09-18-2002, 11:06 AM
I put mine on my son's armoire. I got the transportation ones from Target, painted an unfinished pine armoire, and then put the cars/trucks/etc. all over the doors and drawers. Each panel of the armoire is a different color and now has a different mode of transportation on it--plane, helicopter, truck, boat. I also got the car and bus drawer knobs, so one drawer has car knobs and the car "sticker;" the other has bus knobs and the bus "sticker." The race cars were too big to put anywhere else, so I put them on the side of the armoire that is next to the changing table. Some day I do promise to post pictures around here somewhere. ;-) I got the framed felt picture that goes with on clearance, but I haven't decided where to hang it yet in the room.