PDA

View Full Version : POTTERY BARN CRIBS

seven2skip
09-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Have any of you purchased (or checked out) these 2 cribs in the Pottery Barn catalog (Autumn 2002):

Sleigh Crib $799.00 (page 6)

and

Iron Crib $ 799.00 (page 67)

If so, what is the quality like ? Do you know of any place that you could find these types cheaper ? Seems that both are quite expensive. Is an iron crib practical - could the baby get hurt if she stands up and falls over on the bars ? What about hardware (hidden or not) on either ? Any info. would be greatly appreciated !! Email me:
[email protected]

Momof3Labs
09-08-2002, 07:17 PM
I don't know much about those two cribs specifically, but Pottery Barn sells brands that you can find elsewhere - unless something has changed very recently, you can find these for a lot less somewhere else. One brand they often carry is Simmons, so you might start there.

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

phirey
09-09-2002, 01:43 PM
The sleigh crib on page 6 looks an awful lot like a Pali that I've seen in several stores. Can't remember the model name... I'm sure someone else will know which one it is and how much it runs at USA baby, etc.

The iron crib also looks familiar, but I can't place it.

HTH

P

seven2skip
09-19-2002, 08:49 PM
I decided to pass on both of these cribs -- I saw Pali's website, www.paliitaly.com, and found one I even like much better (and its cheaper) the Pali 'Paula', has the sleigh effect, but much cuter than the Renee model I think... that's the one I will go with and save a few bucks too ! It is $ 499.00 (vs. pottery barn's $800.00+)

k2
09-24-2002, 11:17 AM
We have the Pali Renee crib and adore it! It's almost identicle to the Pott. Barn sleigh! It also has a drawer underneath, and it is on wheels, although the wheels are hidden! It was less than the Pott Barn crib.
Good luck!

TaraNY
10-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Good decision...while I adore Pottery Barn Kids, their cribs are overpriced and don't look that great in person, IMO. The sleigh crib is probably the nicest, but there are too many other cribs that are similarly styled, nicer looking, cheaper and more easily obtainable.