PDA

View Full Version : Gliders -- Dutalier or Shermag?

ucfalum
09-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Just wondering which is better. Most people I know own the Dutaliers. Are the Shermags comparable? TIA.

catmars
09-21-2002, 07:03 PM
Hi! Just wanted to give my 2 cents regarding Shermag. I love mine, I'm so happy with the purchase. I breast feed in it at least 4-6 times a day, and I also use it to rock my DD to sleep, so it's been used quite a lot during my 3 mo old DDs life. It's well built, sturdy, and nice looking. I bought the one with the denim cushions, and I got it from amazon.com/babiesrus.com, they delivered in less than a week. I also reccommend getting the ottoman, it's nice to have the luxury of putting your feet up.

The cushioning is pretty substantial and comfy. My only beef about that is that you can't use a boppy pillow in it properly, since the cushioning practically "hugs" you. What I've ended up doing is using a regular pillow and folding it in half, it's worked out just fine. I use the boppy when I'm on the couch now. My husband is comfortable in it, and he's 6 feet and 210 pounds. If you've got an ample bottom, I'd reccommend taking a test drive first at your local R'us store.

My inlaws own a Dutailer, and I've made conscious efforts to compare the two. I found the Shermag to be comprable, if not more desireable due to it's reasonable price. Overall, I give the Shermag a thumbs up.

KJB1126
09-27-2002, 09:37 PM
I also have a Shermag and I love it. I use it about 4 times a day. When DH and I went to BRU to look for rocker/gliders, I was ready to go with a Dutailier, until he saw the price and said, "NO WAY!!" I think I spent at least two hours in the store deciding which was better (and trying to figure out how I could convince DH that more expensive=better).........;)

Well, DH won out. He talked me into buying the Shermag, and I'm glad he did. My Cousin has a Dutailier and I really don't see the difference. I found that my Shermag was more comfortable than her Dutailier!

HTH,
Kelly
Kaitlyn 11/21/01

txgirl02
10-02-2002, 07:11 PM
I was originally going with a shermag, I liked one if their fabrics alot and the price was right...UNTIL...I tried out a Dutalier that RECLINES. Would not use that for nursing, but found it would be easy to rock baby (and myself) to sleep in it. I was sold. Also I found the same fabric that I liked on the shermag, and went through one of the canadian sites to get a really good price--also Dutalier sells the nursing ottoman, which I liked. Lastly, the beadboard detailing on the Dutalier matched my pottery barn furniture exactly.

Anyway, overall, I liked the shermag, thought it was a nice quality, and I'm sure I would have been happy with it had I not tried the reclining Dutalier.

Hope that helps!