PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier Glider #11789/11790 advice please...

marcy1
09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
We've been researching gliders and now need to buy one asap (our baby girl, Abby arrived 4 weeks early). I am considering the Dutailier #11789/11790 (sleigh style) but can't find one locally to sit in. We have a babies r us and I've tried out all their chairs but they don't have this exact style. Anyway, my question is this...is this chair comfortable and would it be a good fit for someone my size, I'm 5'2". I've noticed that some of the larger, more roomy chairs don't "fit" me really well, my knees can't comfortably bend over the frame/cushion so I'm wondering how this model is cut. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcy
First time mom to Abby.

k2
09-24-2002, 11:12 AM
I ordered my sleigh glider from www.babycatalog.com and while they said it could take 8-10 weeks it only took 3!!! We're very happy with it. I don't know if I could really help you with your dilemma, but we think it's very comfortable. I'm 5'7" and DH is 6'2" and it works for either of us. I actually resisted on the ottoman, and just bought a medela nursing stool, because many friends said the ottoman wasn't helpful for positioning baby for bfeeding. DH said we could always order it later. HTH, good luck.

Hannaheser
09-25-2002, 01:25 PM
We just ordered 11790 after test-sitting in MANY chairs at our local baby store. I'm 4'11", DH is 5'9" (with long legs and a shorter torso), and it was definitely the most comfy model for both of us.

HTH!

kls
09-25-2002, 10:32 PM
I have a 11789, and it is wonderful. I posted this a while back:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/541.html

marcy1
09-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. I had heard it was a great model (stylish and comfortable) but wanted to make sure that my height was going to be a good fit. I'm off to order now.
Marcy